Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 11:43:54 AM EDT
I recently bought an AR-15, and I'm looking for a good place to shoot it in or around Springfield. So far I'm only aware of Springfield Shooting Center, but it is indoors and you're shooting into a 75-yard cement tube, which is kind of weird. Anyone know of any good indoor or outdoor ranges that allow .223/5.56? Also, I travel north a lot, so I'm open to places between Springfield and Chicago.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Buffalo shooting range...Its in Ottawa IL.....
Buffalo Range
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.midwestgca.com/
$100 for the 1st year, $75/year after that.  Real nice set up and hardly anyone there during the week.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]
You can message me, I belong to two private clubs one in Springfield and the other in Loami. This would possibly be a one time deal though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you to run and gun or bench rest shoot?

Distance preference?

If you bought a rifle and want a rifle range, the ISRA facility might be convenient on your next run north?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 6:55:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you to run and gun or bench rest shoot?

Distance preference?

If you bought a rifle and want a rifle range, the ISRA facility might be convenient on your next run north?
View Quote
I suppose just bench rest, but I'm open to whatever. I don't have a scope right now, so I guess not too far.

I didn't know about the ISRA range. I'll take a look. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:00:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You can message me, I belong to two private clubs one in Springfield and the other in Loami. This would possibly be a one time deal though.
View Quote
Instant message sent.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
The Lincoln Sportsmans Club in Lincoln IL has a decent little range for what its worth. I think membership is $60 a year and gives you access to a pond for fishing, small gun range (pistol and rifle out to 100) also have a trap range and archery range from what I remember. I joined up out there while I was waiting to become a member of a more private club in the area. Its nothin fancy but better than no place.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on Lincoln Sportsmen's Club. They hold a great youth and adult trap program on sundays, as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a drive but pasa park outside Quincy.  You have to have a membership and it is not that much per year.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://www.midwestgca.com/
$100 for the 1st year, $75/year after that.  Real nice set up and hardly anyone there during the week.
View Quote
It's busier than shit on the weekends though.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Leroy Rifle and Pistol Club is just south east of Leroy. That's where I shoot most of the time.
We're working on getting a 40 acre property in DeWitt county, but that won't be open until sometime next year. Our current 9 acres has a nice 7/15/25/50/100yd set up.

Darnalls Gun range is just south of route 9 out west of Bloomington, and they aren't bad (tac pistol and 3(or 2 if you prefer)-gun matches), and 100yd range.
They can be low grade assholes to newbies though (personal experience), especially if you don't look like a sterotypical tradesman/farmer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top