Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2017 7:40:40 PM EDT
Moved to Missouri three years ago after 59 years of living in Chicago. Is Mega sports still not treating their customers right? I miss the Mega Sports rants and raves. They where always fun to read.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess it depends on your definition.   I've had no issues there but did not go during the dark days.  Some still report getting surly sales staff while others report professional courteous service.  They have sales, but  I doubt you are likely to find lowest price on an item there....but inventory, they do have product in stock!

Afaik, gone are the days of no FOID-no entry, no using cell phones in store, etc
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
During the last ammo shortage they where charging some where in the area of $12 for a box of 50 Eley 22LR. They gouged with the best of them.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#3]
The last time I stepped foot inside was right after their expansion.  I made it two steps inside the door before a staff member told me I had to show my foid before going any further.

I showed my card and walked out.

F' them and their "you can't shoot anything but brand new factory ammo on our range" rule.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I've bought lots of guns there through the years, and use the range often.

On the 'gun-shop commando attitude' scale, they're about as good as it gets, IMHO. What's really telling is it's my wife's favorite gun store-

Larry
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 2:51:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Have not been back since the expansion.
No desire or need.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Range @ 355 is much friendlier.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Probably won't go there again. Some of the sales persons there are pretty nice and personable now, others are still stereotypical, and their prices don't make it worth the drive.

Last time I was there, they had a used Glock 34, factory white paint sights, for $625.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Much better since 2012, but they left a bad impression on me and I bought my first pistol there back in 2003. They haven't carded me at the door, but I still remember how piss poor everything was then.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#9]
I get the impression they want to be customer friendly but they don't know how. I went in purely due to being in the area recently looking for a 3 gun holster that'd fit a nylon duty type belt. I asked if they had any that would fit the wider belt. Was told by the guy stocking holsters nope we aren't in the business of competing with OHerrons. 5 minutes later I found exactly what I needed. If I didn't need it for the next morning I'd have handed it to him and walked out. As it was needed, they got my money that time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#10]
They changed their attitude but you can feel the attitude in the air.  Entered in May 20minutes before closing, they didn't ask me for a foid nor my son who doesn't have one.   They didn't rush me nor tell me they are closing soon.

They even let me see their new hkmp5k and cz evo.  My intention was to just see it before buying one.  They will not sell to crook county residents not even high cap mags so that hasnt changed.

I found it to be more friendly and was shocked even right before closing.  I stoped going 6 years ago because they acted like assholes.

Im guessing all the internet reviews and forums finally bit them in the ass.  They are still over priced.  Dont know if they have new management but it was a pleasure.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#11]
They had a $2800 Beretta 20Ga over and under i really wanted to buy. I almost bought that shotgun. I asked if i could dry fire that O/U shotgun. The salesman said no. I replied, you want me to give you $2800 fucking dollars for this Beretta O/U and won't let me check how the trigger feels on it. Finally after 15 minutes of debate a boss gave me the OK to dry fire the Beretta on the show room floor. It was sweet in swing and trigger. If they would have been decent to me i would own that shotgun today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 7:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They had a $2800 Beretta 20Ga over and under i really wanted to buy. I almost bought that shotgun. I asked if i could dry fire that O/U shotgun. The salesman said no. I replied, you want me to give you $2800 fucking dollars for this Beretta O/U and won't let me check how the trigger feels on it. Finally after 15 minutes of debate a boss gave me the OK to dry fire the Beretta on the show room floor. It was sweet in swing and trigger. If they would have been decent to me i would own that shotgun today.
View Quote
Last time I was there and when asked about dry firing what I was looking at, the guy stepped away and came back with snap caps, loaded it and handed it to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top