Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2017 1:16:05 PM EDT
I've done many transfers through Online Auctions by John over the years, but right now there seems something strange about him. I bought a gun on Gunbroker and it showed up at his house Friday the 2nd. I called him up that day and he was looking through the packages and said he couldn't find it and would call me back. He also acted like he didn't remember me even though he's answered his phone by saying hi then my name for years now. I called him the next day and he didn't answer. I tried calling him at least once on Sunday and Monday with no answer even though I know he's closed both days. Yesterday/Tuesday I call 3 times and one time he texts back saying he can't answer my calls. I tell him okay I'll try and call later and he texts back "thanks". I call back later and he doesn't answer so I leave him a text seeing if he could just give me a good day and time to come over and pick up the gun, but I get no response. I text him back one more time and say that I hope everything is okay and I'll try to call him again tomorrow. I just called him now and no answer.

He's had the gun for 6 days and I can't set up a date to pick it up or even contact him in any helpful way. Every other time I've dealt with him it's been a day at the most to contact him. Is something going on with him lately that I'm unaware of?

Nevermind, finally got a hold of him.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 2:38:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used him yet, but Mark @ Long Arms LLC seems like a good option in that vicinity. He's based out of Willowbrook, and last I checked, his transfer fee was $25 for one gun and $10 per additional firearm.

I used John a few times several years ago. What turned me off from coming back was a lack of quantity discounts. I remember he had a sign up that said $5 per additional handgun, but didn't want to honor that price with AR lowers when I had several transferred. Maybe things have changed over time, but it was enough for me to seek out a different FFL.

I've been using T&C Firearms out of Lombard since then. Bill is an awesome FFL and his transfer fee is almost identical to Long Arms LLC.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't used him yet, but Mark @ Long Arms LLC seems like a good option in that vicinity. He's based out of Willowbrook, and last I checked, his transfer fee was $25 for one gun and $10 per additional firearm.

I used John a few times several years ago. What turned me off from coming back was a lack of quantity discounts. I remember he had a sign up that said $5 per additional handgun, but didn't want to honor that price with AR lowers when I had several transferred. Maybe things have changed over time, but it was enough for me to seek out a different FFL.

I've been using T&C Firearms out of Lombard since then. Bill is an awesome FFL and his transfer fee is almost identical to Long Arms LLC.
View Quote
Not that OP was looking for alternatives but Id refer folks to Mike Losacco out of W Chicago with no hesitation.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not that OP was looking for alternatives but Id refer folks to Mike Losacco out of W Chicago with no hesitation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

Mike is as good as it gets.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The reason he wasn't answering was because of issues I wasn't aware of. I've been dealing with him for many years since he's an upstanding nice guy to deal with. It's just this time was very off to what I'm used to, but everything is fine now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top