Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2017 11:39:39 AM EDT
Does anyone know of somewhere around Peoria/Bloomington that stocks cannon fuse? The 4th of July is approaching and I don't want to have to make a trip across the border for $5 worth of fuse or spend $20 in shipping fees.

My smoke bomb and sparkler grand finale just won't be possible without a bunch of fuse...
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a google search, most places will ship it right to your house including Walmart 10 foot for 12.95
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting, I had spot checked a lot of online pyrotechnic retailers and that was where I was seeing the high shipping totals, didn't think to check wal-mart. Thanks.

I still wouldn't hate knowing of a local source for any last minute fuse needs in case anyone knows of one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine from sportsmanship guide years ago. But maybe Amazon?
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:17:29 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a store in Carpentersville. R Guns maybe ? They carried it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to know though I can drive across the border quicker than I can get to Carpentersville  (plus that way I get to stop at Gross' burgers in Danville).

So I stumbled across something interesting as I was looking for perfect fuse that burns quicker than cannon fuse and saw this guy on Ebay...
Ebay auction

I am on the fence whether that is a ruse to get around an item you are not supposed to sell or if he is really getting suckers to pay $14 for a label.

Also, I decided that even if I get my hands on something commercial I am going to experiment with some old unusable smokeless powder and cotton twine I have. What's the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 12:06:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Try Darnell's  I think I bought some there once
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try Darnell's  I think I bought some there once
View Quote
Good call, never even crossed my mind

ETA: Also that ebay item I linked earlier paid off, I am good for now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top