Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2017 10:57:47 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Tikka t3x CTR in 6.5 creedmoor.  I'm not a fan of the stock and will be switching out to a Manner's T6a.  I'm looking for a gunsmith in the Greater Chicagoland/Central/NW Illinois area who will do a world class bedding job.  I will be using this rifle for long range shooting/PRS style matches.  I'm hoping to avoid sending the rifle out of state for the bedding job, as long as there's a competent smith within driving range in Illinois.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never used them so I can't comment on their actual work but Gat guns is offering a rifle bedding service... just throwing that out there but for me personally I've always used Carter's guns in Shabbona.. he has chambered a couple rifles for me in the past and his work is excellent..not 100% if he does action bedding but he is one of those old school no frills gunsmiths so I would be a little surprised if he did not.  Good luck to ya and if you do use GAT please let me know how it turned out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thank you Shifty, I will check him out!
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 9:07:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact Smoke N Gun in Waukegan.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Tim at Maxon's built a completely custom recreation of a historic pistol for me and it is FLAWLESS.
Link Posted: 6/16/2017 8:59:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for all of the recommendations!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top