Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2017 1:54:26 PM EDT
Whats the word on Springfield Armory and Rock River pulling their objection to this last Bill in return for a waiver for thier companies?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I copied this from our IllinoisCarry alert this morning...
Mike

Yesterday was a shocking and disappointing day on several levels.  The first shock occurred in committee when the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Assoc. dropped their opposition to Sen. Harmon's  Gun Dealer Licensing bill.  In essence, the IFMA threw their customer base and Illinois firearm owners to the wolves.  In their own self-interest in being exempted from the outrageous restrictions in the bill, the manufacturers who make up the IFMA bailed on the very dealers who sell their firearms and the gun owners who buy them.
Contact these manufacturers TODAY and let them know if this bill passes in the House, not a single product of theirs will ever be purchased in Illinois again!
Springfield Armory
(309) 944-5631
Rock River Arms
(309) 792-578

https://www.facebook...oryUSA/?fref=ts
The second shock came when SB1657 went to the floor for a vote - the deciding vote was cast by  Republican Senator Tom Rooney from Palatine, IL.  The bill passed with the 30 minimum votes needed to pass  in the Senate.  This turncoat needs to hear from gun owners, call and express your displeasure at his vote to kill gun shops all over the state of IL.  Remember when you call, the person who answers the phone DID NOT cast that vote - they are only answering the phone and taking messages.  If you live in Sen. Rooney's district - go to his home office and voice your displeasure in person.
The battle is on, folks.  The bill now goes to the House.  The House is not in session this next week.  THIS will be THE TIME to see your state representative in person, face to face, and politely but FIRMLY express your expectation for them to protect our Second Amendment rights by protecting the very source of our firearms and ammunition - our firearm dealers.
If you have never gotten involved in 'politics', NOW is the time to step forward and make those phone calls and go see your state representative.  If they are doing public events this next week - GO, SHOW UP, and VOICE your opinion about SB1657 - demand they protect your local gun shops.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Just sent letter to SA...
1) for written verification....I want them to print it.
2) let them know about their decision
3) let them know their decision has consequences
4) I am no longer a customer.

Rock River next....
I am very disappoined in both companies.
I expect this from the anti-gun left Democrats, but gun manufacturers?? Very disappoint...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What they fail to realize is the fact that people like me teach shooters every month, and 6 degrees of seperation from each of those is a hell of a lot of gun owners.

Enjoy your veiled victory Springfield and RRA, you will soon wish you hadn't crossed your own customers and loyal followers.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:20:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Before the Internet, you could probably get away with it for a while (until the gun-rags pick up on it and spread the word). Today,
no way.

I hope it was worth it for them.

The boycott is on!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Before the Internet, you could probably get away with it for a while (until the gun-rags pick up on it and spread the word). Today,
no way.

I hope it was worth it for them.

The boycott is on!
View Quote
It was the same in the 90's with S&W yet they are today's darling.... all from a change in ownership. Colt wasn't much better during that timeframe either.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Their review page on FB has been getting hammered by upset people.  I input my thoughts there as well.

They have some damage control to do now, but may be too late.  

The response I read somewhere of they plan to deal with it after the NRA show, is pretty telling as well.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a lot of businesses competing in the gun manufacturing market. Hell, I can build my own AR. Why take the chance of pissing off your customers? I know the state government in Illinois is anti gun, but you have to look past the Chicago/Springfield axis. There are a lot of people outside the state that will make purchasing decisions based on things like this! If nothing else this is just a really bad business decision. But it really shows what they think of us.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Their review page on FB has been getting hammered by upset people.  I input my thoughts there as well.

They have some damage control to do now, but may be too late.  

The response I read somewhere of they plan to deal with it after the NRA show, is pretty telling as well.
View Quote
They have removed the link to the reviews section
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:51:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I have not been keeping up.  Is Springfield still da debil?

Or have they done a mea culpa and confessed “Bless me father, for I have sinned"?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#10]
They've done the 'mea culpa', but haven't renounced their carve-out in the bill; IMHO, that's how they put their skin back in the game.

Larry
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:25:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Judas hung himself.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Well as if there was any doubt to SAs complicity in all this they have been deleting comments and blocking/banning people from their FB page now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well as if there was any doubt to SAs complicity in all this they have been deleting comments and blocking/banning people from their FB page now.
View Quote
Too bad for them. I had a real boner for their new Saint, but I'd rather own a cheap plastic airsoft gun than one of their rifles.

Plenty of other manufacturers to choose from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top