Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 9:22:34 AM EDT
I'm traveling to your state with my 8yr old for a hockey tournament soon.  I would hate to be completely unarmed while there (I'm from GA).  Are pocket knives legal to carry in IL?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 10:37:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm traveling to your state with my 8yr old for a hockey tournament soon.  I would hate to be completely unarmed while there (I'm from GA).  Are pocket knives legal to carry in IL?
View Quote

Yes, though I believe Chicago has a 2.5" blade limit.  You should be fine carrying one in the rest of the state.  No autos though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, though I believe Chicago has a 2.5" blade limit.  You should be fine carrying one in the rest of the state.  No autos though.
View Quote
And even then, keep >2.5" concealed and it's no issue.

The thing I tell my buddy from WI is that Chicago has real crime, so knife laws are add-on charges for a real crime or a reason to stop a scumbag for a real charge. Don't give 'em a reason for either ;)
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are driving and have a GA CCW you can carry in your car by IL law.  There are threads here on the details on that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top