Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2017 5:31:37 PM EDT
Hey,
Wondering how you guys handle online gun purchases, i.e. you have to ship them to an FFL correct?  If yes, do you have any recommendations and what should I expect to pay?

Thx
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in IL are you?  There are plenty of popular recommendations here.  Mark Long in Willowbrook and Marengo Guns in Marengo come to mind as two of the most-recommended ones for the Chicago area, but there are others.

As for what to expect to pay, anywhere from $10 to $30 seems to be a reasonable transfer fee.

EDIT: To answer your first question, yes, you have to ship them to an FFL.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ed,
Western Burbs so Willowbrook is close.  How do I get ahold of Mark?  And what's involved in the transfer process?  Would Mark do all the Illinois paperwork that I usually have to fill out when I purchase at a local shop in Ill?

EDIT: Found Mark at Long arms LLC
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 6:33:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Dave at ShootRite Training in Roselle is top notch.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Mike Losacco in W Chicago.    http://mikelosacco.biz

FYI some FFLs will not accept from an individual and will only do from FFLs

Yes, you will fill out the 4473 and the FFL will submit your FOID for ISP approval just as if at a retail store.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#5]
25-35 is the range I'm used to.  If anyone has a line on the $10 PM me.

Almost wholesale is in Willowbrook too and will do transfers.

There is a place near New Lennox, but the name escapes me right now.  I'll see if I can remember today and update.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are buying from some place like CDNN or Buds, you might want to use their sight to find an FFL that
they have a copy of the FFL's  license. It makes ordering easy. That's how I found North American Firearms in Lombard
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mike Losacco in W Chicago.    http://mikelosacco.biz

FYI some FFLs will not accept from an individual and will only do from FFLs

Yes, you will fill out the 4473 and the FFL will submit your FOID for ISP approval just as if at a retail store.
View Quote
THIS RIGHT HERE, MIKE IS AWESOME
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:46:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I use T & C Firearms out of Lombard. Bill is really easy to work with, accepts shipments from non-ffls, charges $25 per transfer and gives discounts (think it's 2 for $40 and 3 for $50) for multiple transfers on the same 4473.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in IL are you?  There are plenty of popular recommendations here.  Mark Long in Willowbrook and Marengo Guns in Marengo come to mind as two of the most-recommended ones for the Chicago area, but there are others.

As for what to expect to pay, anywhere from $10 to $30 seems to be a reasonable transfer fee.

EDIT: To answer your first question, yes, you have to ship them to an FFL.
View Quote
Mark Long is the guy I use. Good guy and very easy to deal with. Whenever I order a gun (like I did the other day) I just text him a heads up then pick it up when it arrives. $25 fee.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:11:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Shorewood is out of the way for most.

Mike Dwyer of ETCguns.com does transfers for $25 for up to 5 guns.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#11]
$25 give or take is fair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top