Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2017 2:42:06 PM EDT
I know about CI Shooting Sports going to visit today. What else is there around here? Shotgun ranges also.

How are the people at these places ?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
There's Darnall's southwest of town, have never been there though.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
CI is great, I shoot Tuesday night USPSA there regularly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Welp, I'm late to the party but...as mentioned for ranges in/near town there is CI Shooting - you've been there by now and know what it's like. More upscale Guntry Club.

Darnalls is older with a much smaller shop but you can shoot skeet and trap, and they have and outdoor range that will stretch out to 300. There is also a 10m small bore range that has been set up on site and is run by Central Illinois precision shooting. Darnell's also has a Cowboy action shooting range that I've been to for a steel challenge a couple times but am unsure of when they shoot those matches.

There is a small club in LeRoy 20m to the east that is outdoor only and you have to be a member but it is a decent setup with 10-100y benches. They also run trap shoots on wednesdays (I believe).

For just local gun shops Smiley's on the South side carries a small collection of guns and has a used rack that I peruse from time to time. Hometown hunt/fish/bow shop and prices can be a bit high but you can also find some deals.

I have yet to make the trip yet but there is a range northwest of Peoria so it would be a 45-50 mile drive to the location but you can get real long range out to about 1600. http://www.elmorestockfarmoutfitters.com/shooting-ranges/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top