Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 6:04:04 PM EDT
I don't what has been going on as of late but every time someone contacts me on Armslist about a gun I am selling and I reply back that they need to fill out the form with their FOID info they fall off the face of the earth.

I'm just wondering are these people not aware that is a requirement?

I'm just trying to cover my ass on making a sale.

It's bad enough dealing with scammers and lowballers
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like people fishing for someone without a clue or liberals trying to prove  anyone can buy a gun online

edited to ad, what form? all you need is a simple  bill of sale with theirs and yours foid # and personal address.
and to call in to the isp to make sure foid is falid
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like people fishing for someone without a clue or liberals trying to prove  anyone can buy a gun online

edited to ad, what form? all you need is a simple  bill of sale with theirs and yours foid # and personal address.
and to call in to the isp to make sure foid is falid
View Quote
When I have called in a FOID check, the approval includes a printable bill of sale form. I've used it for FTF transfers.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
When I have called in a FOID check, the approval includes a printable bill of sale form. I've used it for FTF transfers.
View Quote
When you call in, they e-mail you the form?
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I send this link out.

transfer link
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#5]
When I sell a firearm, I ask the buyer to text me a picture of their FOID card.  Then I run the check on the State Police website, print two copies of the form, fill out all the info and give them a copy with the firearm.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 7:33:52 AM EDT
[#6]
As I recall, the form is linked on the same page as the approval. It is a printable form with the ISP seal on it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone confirm: the requirement is call and check, not generate documentation, right?
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone confirm: the requirement is call and check, not generate documentation, right?
View Quote
You are compelled to keep the transaction number with your transaction information.  You don't have to print out any forms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top