Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2017 6:01:41 PM EDT
T Shirts available to order

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64996

https://www.gruntstyle.com/collections/customs/products/isra

Sales for delivery in time for  IGOLD  ENDS 3PM CENTRAL ON 3/10.

No IGOLD Buses for 2017

Some at the thread below have discussed carpooling or Amtrak depending on your location.

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64942

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE

Illinois Gun Owner Lobby Day (IGOLD) is coming up on April 5th this year and for the first time in a long time, the ISRA is not going to sponsor charter buses to the event.  The expense of these buses has become too great.  This does not mean the ISRA does not welcome clubs, gun shops and shooting ranges to sponsor their own bus.  The money is better spent in other ways to protect the Second Amendment in Illinois, such as a better alert system and, perhaps, litigation.  There will be a local bus from the Prairie Capital Convention Center to the Capitol Building for those who have difficulty walking in the march.  I hope to see you all there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Who else is here for this?

I am wearing a grey Arcteryx jacket (not a warrior athlete however). Come up and say hi if so inclined.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
This is just sad. They are using 40% of the floor space for seats and none of the 2nd level.

We still cannot even fill that. There are probably not much more than two hundred people here.

Where is everybody? I took off work and drove 180 miles to get here.

ETA - once every one sat down, it was somewhere between 300 and 400 in attendance by my guestimate.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who else is here for this?

I am wearing a grey Arcteryx jacket (not a warrior athlete however). Come up and say hi if so inclined.
View Quote
I left home about an hour before you posted this.  I think we might have hit the upper hundreds, but it was nothing like a few years ago.  I was the one in a yellow shirt.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is just sad. They are using 40% of the floor space for seats and none of the 2nd level.

We still cannot even fill that. There are probably not much more than two hundred people here.

Where is everybody? I took off work and drove 180 miles to get here.

ETA - once every one sat down, it was somewhere between 300 and 400 in attendance by my guestimate.
View Quote
I would have liked to go but unfortunately I had to work.

I am a ISRA life member and sent a donation for igold instead.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I was there but was on duty.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was there but was on duty.
View Quote
Were you one of the guys blocking traffic for us?

Thanks either way.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I took the day off to go, but I didn't stick around for the speeches. I grabbed a packet to fill out and headed straight for the capital to deliver the cards.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I was one of the Police Officers on the east door of the Capitol.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, the attendance was sad.

Still, I brought my son for the first time and he got to go up on stage at the PCCC, march, meet our state senator, and see the legislative process which he very much enjoyed.

And thanks jhc for being there. All of the capitol police were awesome!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:48:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was one of the Police Officers on the east door of the Capitol.
View Quote
Didn't go through that way.  Went to the other building first, then "tunneled" my way back. 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:11:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah it is always great when Igold comes to the Capitol. I really enjoy talking to everybody. I just wish I had more time but I am working.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top