Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 10:41:30 PM EDT
My son graduates Navy boot camp on the 3rd and wants a good steak. Whats a good place within 30-40 minutes of the base?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Prefer to travel North, South, or West?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Head north a bit up Route 41. You can either stop in Gurnee, or head further north into Wisconsin to Texas Roadhouse. That joint is a chain, HOWEVER, their Cowboy cut steaks are the best I have ever had. You will not be disappointed. Since it is winter now, there should not be much of a wait...
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I like taking my family to Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill. Located in: Deer Park Town Center about 35 minutes from the Navy base.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:35:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
best in area
View Quote

Agreed. The original location in the city is straight outa a gangster movie if you want cool atmosphere as well.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations to your son!  Please thank him for serving our country!!

Wildfire in Lincolnshire or Glenview would be good options.  Lincolnshire is a little closer.  Wildfire is part of the Lettuce Entertain You family of restaurants.

Stevens of Gurnee bills itself as a classical steakhouse and has good online ratings.  I've never been there, but I'd like to try it.  If you go there, please post a review for me. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:20:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Jimmys Charhouse in Libertyville. Around 10 miles on Rt.137 straight west of the base.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the suggestions.What about the The Chanty?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a great place but can get very busy. The last time we were there they had a live band start playing in the bar at 8pm and it was so loud you couldn't communicate across the table. The food is awesome but that was all it took for the wife to decide not to never go back.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's a great place but can get very busy. The last time we were there they had a live band start playing in the bar at 8pm and it was so loud you couldn't communicate across the table. The food is awesome but that was all it took for the wife to decide not to never go back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! Shouldn't be a problem since we'll be going around 1pm. His liberty ends around 8 so we'll be long gone by then.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Headed back home now. Graduation was great, scenery was great, and the food was great.
At the shanty I had shrimp and scallops and my wife and son both had ribey steaks, plus we had crab cakes as an appetizer. Then we later ate at Giodornos pizza.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top