Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 8:26:57 PM EDT
Can Someone tell me about the area Im working in? Trying to figure out which hotel to stay in? Also what to see while Im their?

Working in West Pullman area of 120th st.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can Someone tell me about the area Im working in? Trying to figure out which hotel to stay in? Also what to see while Im their?

Working in West Pullman area of 120th st.
View Quote

Seriously?  I hope you are getting a raise for this work trip, because if that isn't the heart of the ghetto it is damned close.  Take a tour of the area with Google street view.

Where to stay?  Tinley Park or Orland Park aren't too far and are good towns, should have a lot of hotels.  Downtown in the Loop if you want to see the city.  I would probably not stay anywhere in between the Loop and Tinley.  

Public transport would be a no go.  I would plan on having a rental car and unassing the area before sundown.

There are a lot of nice museums downtown.  I've been itching to see the german U-boat at the Museum of Science and Industry.  Art Institute is really cool if you like fine art, and IIRC they still have a weapons and armor room.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I took notice that there was not a Residence Inn in that area and seen a few hotels in the $60 range which is telling. I plan on stopping by the Art Institute of Chicago.

Any restaurant recommendations. I like finding food specific to regions I travel like a cheese steak in Philly as an example.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the reply. I took notice that there was not a Residence Inn in that area and seen a few hotels in the $60 range which is telling. I plan on stopping by the Art Institute of Chicago.

Any restaurant recommendations. I like finding food specific to regions I travel like a cheese steak in Philly as an example.
View Quote

I like Lou Malnati's for pizza and Portillos for italian beef or hot dogs. But I bet there are some awesome more local places.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:06:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seriously?  I hope you are getting a raise for this work trip, because if that isn't the heart of the ghetto it is damned close ...
View Quote

This. Seriously, This is a place to avoid if you are white or a single female. I tell people not to drive thru in locked car.

A buddy is a contractor and if he works in this area, he carries on body and has an active shooter type setup in his work van.

What is your profession? If you will be on a secured job site, then a rental will be ok. If not, don't park a rental in this area.

Regarding fun, perhaps https://www.timeout.com/chicago can help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top