BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a well known fact that Liberals vote more then once. I guess it's only natural for them 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking through the opponent witness slips, I keep seeing the same names with multiple slips files(?).
It's a well known fact that Liberals vote more then once. I guess it's only natural for them 

This is Illinois after all
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking through the opponent witness slips, I keep seeing the same names with multiple slips filed(?).
View Quote

I was about to post this. One woman's name appeared at least 4 times.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:05:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Does @swanhunter know what is going on?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does @swanhunter know what is going on?
View Quote

No info posted yet that I have seen from Todd V nor anyone at Illinoiscarry.com.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Filled mine out, got the confirmation email.    
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#6]
post from Todd V

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64547&page=5#entry1064766

The Committee hearing was cancelled due to the budget bills and talks that are taking place in the senate. We were informed of it late yesterday. We are working on the date for the reschedule of the hearing.

Its not going away.

We do work on several things at once, we have many bills pending being drafted, but as mentioned its not up to us if they get called. We've worked hard just to get the suppressor bill to where it is. ut it appears that since the antis lost the POTUS election they are coming out fulll force on the federal bill on suppressors, we were the first state up with suppressor legislation so we were their test run. As well as they are beyond frustrated in not being able to substanially move any issue, particularly dealer licensing and their restraining orders issue.

Ezell II is going to cause them more problems with their dealer bill. so keep the faith. I'll post more when I know more
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
And another Todd update

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=64547&p=1065620

What we heard today was that calls are coming in to members of the committee from mostly up in the Chicago area. So we know that the anti-gunners are consolidated and not very deep in their support. Our members having been actively calling their own senators and the secretaries note the in district calls are running in our favor so keep it up.  (...bolding done by me...)

The other side sent out an email claiming victory for the hearing being cancelled:
XXXXX,

Thank you for raising your voice!  Because of our efforts the Senate Criminal Law Committee was canceled this week and they did not consider SB 50, which would legalize the possession of silencers for all guns in Illinois.  This is great news – but our fight on SB 50 is FAR from over.

The bill will likely be posted for another hearing early next month and we will continue to need your help in getting the word out on this bad bill.  In the meantime, if you have not done so already please contact your State Senator and tell them you oppose SB 50.  To find out who your Senator is click here.

Thank you again for taking action!

In Peace,

Mark Walsh
Campaign Director

The fact is the Senate President asked the committee be cancelled because as the grand bargain on the budget was falling apart, they did not want the only bill moving being a gun bill on suppressors. The anti-gunners had very little to do with it. They have to lie and distort what happened to make themselves seem relevant at the state house.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Any way to file a complaint to have somebody look at the oppositions witness slips to confirm who these people are.  My feeling is if there are the same names on multiple slips those should all be dumped.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:06:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Another take on the status of SB0050

Also indicates SB-50 has a (tentative) February 8th date in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee.   We'll hear more later.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=23314
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top