User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd be in depending on date/location.   Im out in sandwich,  so everything is a drive for me, schaumburg would prob be a no, Naperville not so bad.  Ill keep an eye out
View Quote

I drove in to an IL HTF dinner up there some damn where from kewanee once.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd be in depending on date/location.   Im out in sandwich,  so everything is a drive for me, schaumburg would prob be a no, Naperville not so bad.  Ill keep an eye out

I think that was the one at the Tilted Kilt in Woodridge. We went to Blackfin afterward if I recall.

Do you remember if DeeJ was there?
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:23:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I went to a BBQ  some years ago at Marksman14 Dad's house in Algonquin. There were some nice "show and tell" displays.....
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 1:36:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think that was the one at the Tilted Kilt in Woodridge. We went to Blackfin afterward if I recall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that sounds right. I remember npd223 got us into a bar ahead of a long line of people, that was pretty cool.

No he wasnt.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#5]
There are people in the Internet?  I'm in Aurora/Naperville, interested in this crazy idea.
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 9:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in; based on work schedule
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:50:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey OP - any updates?
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
It may be relevant to this thread that Outback has $9.99 Walkabout Wednesdays:

6oz steak
1 beer
fries

Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I got a little busy with my Cisco class. I am thinking a weekend in March once the weather warms up and I am thinking somewhere in Schaumburg or World of Beers in Naperville.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:43:52 PM EDT
[#10]
There is a twin peaks right by the WOB in naperville.  88/winfield.  

Just gonna leave that here....................

Dinner.  Then drinks.  Two exits apart on 88.  You're welcome
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is a twin peaks right by the WOB in naperville.  88/winfield.  

Just gonna leave that here....................

Dinner.  Then drinks.  Two exits apart on 88.  You're welcome
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2017 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Depending on date and location I would be interested in this.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Count me in. I'm new to the forum from the Elgin area.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:24:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Okay I am just trying to find a weekend. I know the 10th of March I have a Cancer Gala. What weekend is good for everyone The weekend of March 25 & 26? The weather should be decent and that is more than enough time for everyone to plan for it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Count me in. I'm new to the forum from the Elgin area.
View Quote

I am in Bartlett if you ever want to meet up. I am a member at ASC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes definitely. I am currently living in Streamwood till I buy a house in the Pingree grove area. I just got into AR's about a year ago and all I can say is I am addicted. I already built 4 and I'm working on a fifth. I'm not sure what ASC stands for?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes definitely. I am currently living in Streamwood till I buy a house in the Pingree grove area. I just got into AR's about a year ago and all I can say is I am addicted. I already built 4 and I'm working on a fifth. I'm not sure what ASC stands for?
View Quote

Aurora sportsman club, it the range in Waterman. You're a lot closer then. I am moving from ARs to bolt action rifles but I have built a ton of AR's and love them but now my bolt rifle seem to be what I am enjoying the most.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I was looking into clubs about 6 months ago and not to many were accepting new members. I ended up leasing some land in Jo Daviess county to hunt and shoot but it is getting too expensive. I'm sure I will be looking into a nice bolt action in a year or 2.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#19]
ASC has a 600yd range but I've heard they are having some financial problems.  I also heard they are levying a special assessment of 250.00/year in addition to the regular dues?  

I belong to the ISRA range and the Oak Park Sportsmen Club range.   ISRA has a 300yd range, several pistol bays, 100yd, 100meter, shotgun, archery.  If they can raise enough money to buy the adjacent land there are rumors of a 600yd range going in.  

ISRA is always accepting new members, OPSC has a cap.  We voted to raise it but the members shot it down.  OPSC does have an indoor pistol range with a brand new ventilation system.

If anyone wants to tour either I am happy to oblige.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:07:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
ASC has a 600yd range but I've heard they are having some financial problems.  I also heard they are levying a special assessment of 250.00/year in addition to the regular dues?  

I belong to the ISRA range and the Oak Park Sportsmen Club range.   ISRA has a 300yd range, several pistol bays, 100yd, 100meter, shotgun, archery.  If they can raise enough money to buy the adjacent land there are rumors of a 600yd range going in.  

ISRA is always accepting new members, OPSC has a cap.  We voted to raise it but the members shot it down.  OPSC does have an indoor pistol range with a brand new ventilation system.

View Quote

Not a member, but havent heard about finance problems at ASC.  I had read they were planning on expanding facilities which may be reason for extra assessment.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Assessment is $180. The financial problems are mostly a thing of the past since the club sold off excess property.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#22]
What club do you guys recommend? I am not too picky as long as they have at least a 300 yard range and a archery range(preferably with a elevated shooting platform). I dont mind paying a little more if the place has what I am looking for and is not more than a 1 1/2 hours from the Elgin area.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was looking into clubs about 6 months ago and not to many were accepting new members. I ended up leasing some land in Jo Daviess county to hunt and shoot but it is getting too expensive. I'm sure I will be looking into a nice bolt action in a year or 2.
View Quote
tell me more about this lease
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I lease propertys through http://www.nationalhuntingleases.com/hflListings/DB_Drill/. Some properties you can lease year round and some are only leased for a specific hunting season. I usually get a couple guys together and we split the lease and the work needed on the property. You have to really watch when the new ones or the non renewed lease properties come up because they go fast..especially anything within 2 hours of Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:56:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I would not join ASC if I was looking for a range. I did because I it was close and I didn't know what else is around. The assessment fees are bull.  I understand the pay twice the fees when you join but 460 a year is high just for the range. We are moving to AL next year so this is it for me. I would look elsewhere if I was to stay. I have not heard about money issues but that would explain why they charge members a yearly fee and a monthly fee to be a member, but like I said this is the last year.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would like to see the ISRA.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:50:14 PM EDT
[#27]
+1, off I-88
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Interested.... Live in Oswego
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:53:07 AM EDT
[#29]
If anyone is in the sandwich plano Yorkville oswego area and wants to hit up southmoon im in lol...
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What club do you guys recommend? I am not too picky as long as they have at least a 300 yard range and a archery range(preferably with a elevated shooting platform). I dont mind paying a little more if the place has what I am looking for and is not more than a 1 1/2 hours from the Elgin area.
View Quote

ASC is the best choice for your requirements. I have been a member there for a decade or so (dating back to the original location).

That said, if you do not mind giving up the archery range, McMiller is a great choice too:
http://www.mcmillersportcenter.com/
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm tired of hanging out with other-kids-parents, if I had to.

Twin Peaks got my curiousity.  Anything within this area

I sometimes go shooting with United States Rifleman's Association

Problem: Work every other Saturdays
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 10:26:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would like to see the ISRA.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

ASC could be a great location for this. Looks like we got an "in?" Agenda could be:
Meet
Greet
Shoot
Eat
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

ASC could be a great location for this. Looks like we got an "in?" Agenda could be:
Meet
Greet
Shoot
Eat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meet
Greet
Shoot
Eat

Do we have enough members in this thread to guest pass the non members? We can bring 3 guests at a time.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#35]
The meet and greet is off for now I am having contractor issues and I am trying to get my bathroom finished. We are in the process of getting our shower tiled and the guy is doing a hack job so once he is done we are going to have to buy all new materials and find someone to do it again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do we have enough members in this thread to guest pass the non members? We can bring 3 guests at a time.
View Quote

Or ...

Rent a bay for the day :D
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#37]
We are allowed 3 guests a day correct? If so I have 3 bracelets.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Or ...

View Quote

How much does that cost? If there are enough of us, it could be a bunch of fun and not that expensive.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 6:37:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The meet and greet is off for now I am having contractor issues and I am trying to get my bathroom finished. We are in the process of getting our shower tiled and the guy is doing a hack job so once he is done we are going to have to buy all new materials and find someone to do it again.
View Quote
if he is a hack don't let him finish.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#40]
He didn't I fired him and tore it all down. We have someone doing it over as I type.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 9:53:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a member, post up the date and I'll see if I'm available.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

How much does that cost? If there are enough of us, it could be a bunch of fun and not that expensive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or ...

Unsure. Just know it exists as an option.

Technically, even the ASS events (Practical Rifle, 2 Gun Tactical, etc) are special events. It's the only way to circumvent range rules.

I think a member can rent a bay for a day cheaply - can one of you check?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#43]
We could make the non-members bring the food to grill. J/k. I have a small weber grill I can bring.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Technically, even the ASS events
View Quote
I'm not sure I wanna go anymore...
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I warned ASC when they created the Action Shooting Sports whatever  (dept, division, etc) that acronyms would be a challenge :D
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds fine with me; but I'll be on the supply end, trust me, you don't want to try my cookin!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Unsure. Just know it exists as an option.
Technically, even the ASS events (Practical Rifle, 2 Gun Tactical, etc) are special events. It's the only way to circumvent range rules.
I think a member can rent a bay for a day cheaply - can one of you check?
View Quote

Straight from the website:

Private Group Shooting Events: To inquire about packages for corporate outings; group instruction; special celebrations; bachelor parties and other special events that could include pistol, rifle or shotgun shooting sessions, send a message to [email protected]. Fees for private events are based on the activities included, equipment furnished, total participants and hours of range time. Proposals are customized to each request and include Range Safety personnel, on-field coaches and/or certified instructors. 

Sounds like we would need to have a better idea of who, what and when before getting a cost.  From the events I've seen, the what and when will probably have an effect on Range Officers available to help observe/coordinate.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top