Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2016 5:41:11 PM EDT
Hi from Wisconsin.

Just discovered that I need to go to Chicago tonight on business.  Normally I keep a non-scary rifle in the trunk.  The rifle is in a true gun case.  There are three loaded 20-round box mags also in the case but not inserted in the rifle.

Am I good to go or will I be in trouble with a trunk rifle?

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 8:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi from Wisconsin.

Just discovered that I need to go to Chicago tonight on business.  Normally I keep a non-scary rifle in the trunk.  The rifle is in a true gun case.  There are three loaded 20-round box mags also in the case but not inserted in the rifle.

Thanks,

Mike
View Quote

I hope you got your answer via IM...

What is a non-scary rifle that takes detachable 20-round magazines?  If it can fall afoul of Cook County's AWB, then you are not GTG.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What is a non-scary rifle that takes detachable 20-round magazines?  If it can fall afoul of Cook County's AWB, then you are not GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi from Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Mike

SOCOM-16.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
As long as you are legal to own the rifle, you are good to go.  Our transportation laws preempt any local bans.  So, if you are legal in Southern IL, you are legal anywhere in the state.  Unloaded and enclosed in a case.  Should you have to use it for any justified reason...we have some pretty good protections there too.
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi from Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello!

Nothing came via PM.  I ended up grabbing the ultimate in inoffensive firearms, a pump shotgun, and putting that in the trunk.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/11/2016 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hello!

Nothing came via PM.  I ended up grabbing the ultimate in inoffensive firearms, a pump shotgun, and putting that in the trunk.

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi from Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello!

Mike

Sorry, I wasn't implying I sent an IM.  You said you were going "tonight", and it was already in the evening, so I was hoping you had an answer from someone via IM.  I did feel you deserved a response.

Your choice of trunk guns was excellent, by the way.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sorry, I wasn't implying I sent an IM.  You said you were going "tonight", and it was already in the evening, so I was hoping you had an answer from someone via IM.  I did feel you deserved a response.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi from Wisconsin.

Thanks,

Mike

Hello!

Mike

Oh!  Sadly, nothing in time.  I've got an 870 Police Marine Magnum.  Nobody bans pumps, so I used it instead.

And thank you.  I travel a lot and the SOCOM works everywhere.  Sometimes I just have to adjust the mags for <10 round places,

Mike
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Traveling into Chiraq with a rifle in the trunk is always a gamble.  If you happen to stumble upon a couple of Chiraq's "finest" PO's you may end up spending some time/money to get your equipment back IF it ever makes it to the station.

I grew up on the south side of chgo so my views may be a bit tainted having dealt with some POS officers.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Traveling into Chiraq with a rifle in the trunk is always a gamble.  If you happen to stumble upon a couple of Chiraq's "finest" PO's you may end up spending some time/money to get your equipment back IF it ever makes it to the station.

I grew up on the south side of chgo so my views may be a bit tainted having dealt with some POS officers.
View Quote

We have had to help a few of those victims....there are bad actors on both sides of the badge in Chicago!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top