Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/4/2016 3:14:55 PM EDT
I'm trying to get a quote for a assembly of a Polish underfolder AK from a gunsmith in Will, Dupage, or Kane county. Before I purchase the parts, I want to price out the service as well so I know what I'm looking at out the door. If anyone is familiar with a reputable AK gunsmith who won't break the bank, please let me know. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm trying to get a quote for a assembly of a Polish underfolder AK from a gunsmith in Will, Dupage, or Kane county. Before I purchase the parts, I want to price out the service as well so I know what I'm looking at out the door. If anyone is familiar with a reputable AK gunsmith who won't break the bank, please let me know. Thanks!
View Quote

It's a little bit of a drive but Done Wright Gun Repair in Crystal Lake does good builds. He built my 74 and it has around 2000 through it since I got it from him last year.

I may know a few other people that may know of a gunsmith closer.  Send me an email and I'll reach out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 7:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
You could cal Breech and Barrel in Shorewood and see if he does that sort of work.  Actually, email is better.  He sucks at answering the phone.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could cal Breech and Barrel in Shorewood and see if he does that sort of work.  Actually, email is better.  He sucks at answering the phone.
View Quote

I read they were permanently closed recently.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 11:45:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hmm, did not hear that.  Oh well.

eta:

Just checked and Google said perm closed.  Don't know why though.

Link Posted: 11/16/2016 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's a little bit of a drive but Done Wright Gun Repair in Crystal Lake does good builds. He built my 74 and it has around 2000 through it since I got it from him last year.

I may know a few other people that may know of a gunsmith closer.  Send me an email and I'll reach out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks I'll drop him an email.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you have any luck finding someone?  If so, what did it set you back?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 12:19:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did you have any luck finding someone?  If so, what did it set you back?

Thanks!
View Quote

No. It's something that I plan on coming back to though in the next few months. If I do find someone and have work done down the road I'll update this thread.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 3:04:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

No. It's something that I plan on coming back to though in the next few months. If I do find someone and have work done down the road I'll update this thread.
View Quote

Thank you!

Link Posted: 12/11/2016 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
SemperFiSupply in Elgin
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I would just ship it out of state to any of the proven builders. That's what I ended up doing for two of my builds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top