Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2016 11:20:16 AM EDT
I hate to be the one to say it but, we need to re-elect this piece of crap.  Duckworth is marginally worse but, we need to maintain the seat or we risk loosing the majority in the Senate and that would put Reed back in the driver's seat!!!
We have to prevent that at all costs!
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
This election cycle is such a mess. I've been half-jokingly waiting for Sen. Kirk to withdraw or even endorse Rep. Duckworth.  If Kirk somehow gets reelected, I'll be amazed. Hillary has some long coattails here in IL.
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never received so much junk mail with 'vote Republican' messaging. I'm honestly unsure if the GOP wants Republicans to  win, or if they want people to realize, "Hey, this stuff doesn't say Trump?!?"

It's almost as if the GOP benefits more from a Hillary win than Trump win ... which is ironically what many of us fear
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 12:46:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never received so much junk mail with 'vote Republican' messaging. I'm honestly unsure if the GOP wants Republicans to  win, or if they want people to realize, "Hey, this stuff doesn't say Trump?!?"

It's almost as if the GOP benefits more from a Hillary win than Trump win ... which is ironically what many of us fear
View Quote

Agreed...almost makes your head want to explode to try to figure the reasoning...
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2016 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I dunno, one of my dads good friends is one of the 3rd party candidates....
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I reluctantly agree with you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When I got to the Senate race I just paused and stared at it for a bit and then voted for Kirk.  I detest Kirk but we don't really have a choice.

View Quote

Going to do the same tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I hate to be the one to say it but, we need to re-elect this piece of crap.  Duckworth is marginally worse but, we need to maintain the seat or we risk loosing the majority in the Senate and that would put Reed back in the driver's seat!!!

We have to prevent that at all costs!

View Quote

I agree with what you said. I voted for the Rino piece of shit today and had to shower twice when I got home.

Lot's of unopposed republicans in Dekalb county.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 5:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll vote for him. Not happily. But I'll do it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Kirk is not even trying to win this election. It's like he WANTS to lose.

Duckworthless is going to take his seat, guaranteed.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#13]
I understand how the game is played, I know what's at stake, but I couldn't do it. I voted for whoever the Libertarian candidate is. That POS is against everything I stand for, he is in reality a very, very liberal democrat. At some point you have to make a stand. FUCK KIRK!
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 10:55:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I understand how the game is played, I know what's at stake, but I couldn't do it. I voted for whoever the Libertarian candidate is. That POS is against everything I stand for, he is in reality a very, very liberal democrat. At some point you have to make a stand. FUCK KIRK!
View Quote

I understand your feelings but, voting like this is basically voting for Duckworth and Reed.  It is sad that it works out that way but that is the reality.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Kirk is not even trying to win this election. It's like he WANTS to lose.

Duckworthless is going to take his seat, guaranteed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I understand your feelings but, voting like this is basically voting for Duckworth and Reed.  It is sad that it works out that way but that is the reality.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I appreciate your perspective, but I'm with andy on this one.

It's not so much that he's against everything I stand for...but I made a commitment many years ago that I was done supporting enemies of my gun rights.

We have had people like Fitzgerald, who was a pretty tepid (R), and Dole (and to some extent, Bush and Romney) who waffled. I did support them. I did not support Ryan either. Poshard might have gotten my vote if he hadn't flipped on the AWB.

Kirk is actively working against gun owners. His votes on this issue are in lockstep with Durbin. I will not support the opposition on this issue. I will not reward his voting behavior against us solely because of his party affiliation.

I will say thank you, to you and Valinda, for the work you do in Springfield. I could not work with politicians very long. I don't have the stomach for it. It takes a different personality than I have, and I am grateful that we can count you as our allies.

The other thing I will say is that I would like to see gun owners in Illinois get started soon on an opponent for Durbin's seat. An uphill battle to be sure, but I think getting a viable Republican that is pro-gun into place would help enormously. I have no idea if Marter still wants the job or not,

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

It's not so much that he's against everything I stand for...but I made a commitment many years ago that I was done supporting enemies of my gun rights.

We have had people like Fitzgerald, who was a pretty tepid (R), and Dole (and to some extent, Bush and Romney) who waffled. I did support them. I did not support Ryan either. Poshard might have gotten my vote if he hadn't flipped on the AWB.

Kirk is actively working against gun owners. His votes on this issue are in lockstep with Durbin. I will not support the opposition on this issue. I will not reward his voting behavior against us solely because of his party affiliation.

I will say thank you, to you and Valinda, for the work you do in Springfield. I could not work with politicians very long. I don't have the stomach for it. It takes a different personality than I have, and I am grateful that we can count you as our allies.

The other thing I will say is that I would like to see gun owners in Illinois get started soon on an opponent for Durbin's seat. An uphill battle to be sure, but I think getting a viable Republican that is pro-gun into place would help enormously. I have no idea if Marter still wants the job or not,

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand where you're coming from. I voted for Kirk and it made me feel dirty. But, it's necessary to keep a republican majority in the senate to block Hillary's court picks if she wins. Kirk is a Rino piece of shit but Duckworth is an idiot and will be a pawn for Hillary.  She's even more anti gun then Kirk.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#18]
https://www.facebook.com/tvandermyde/posts/1394753147219361?pnref=story

He'll not get my vote.

Todd says it pretty well in his post.

For those that don't facebook:
"Kirk also noted his support of gay marriage, said he is “pretty proud of my F-minus” from the National Rifle Association"
I worked on Mark Kirk's first congressional campaign. I spent the better parts of 3 months there to beat Lauren Beth Gash. This time I will not vote for him and will count the days until he is gone from the Senate.
You got your F from the NRA Senator the old fashioned way, you earned it, and lost all my respect.
And that F can stand for something else. . . . . .
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I used to be very tied to the party.  I will not be voting for either one.  This whole election is about sending a message to all parties.   I think Kirk will change parties anyways.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The democrats have used Tammy Duckworth as their little handicapped puppet.  I respect her service to our country and It is terrible that she lost her legs.  The democrats have only used and exploited her for votes.  She has no talent as a politician.  She was terrible for the VA.  i detest both Kirk and Duckworth but Kirk has the (R) after his name.
View Quote

Just remember, that bitch in Cali (fienstine) also has an R after her name!
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 7:45:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The democrats have used Tammy Duckworth as their little handicapped puppet.  I respect her service to our country and It is terrible that she lost her legs.  The democrats have only used and exploited her for votes.  She has no talent as a politician.  She was terrible for the VA.  i detest both Kirk and Duckworth but Kirk has the (R) after his name.

What?

Senator Feinstein is a Democrat. Always has been.
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow! I sure feel stupid! Somehow it was incorrectly stuck in my dumbass head that she was a RINO.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow! I sure feel stupid! Somehow it was incorrectly stuck in my dumbass head that she was a RINO.....
View Quote

She just looks like one.

To all R-leaning voters not voting for Kirk or Duckworth: I understand your frustration, but I'll echo the sentiment that we have to do everything in our power to keep an R in office, even if he's a shitty R.  A Senate majority means control, and that has national implications.  Yeah, Kirk could switch from R to D, but that's on him, not on us.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 3:35:53 AM EDT
[#24]
This election scares the hell out of me.  I`m really torn on this election, the last time I felt strongly about a  Republican was Reagan since then I either have sat out elections or voted Libertarian.  I can not bring myself to vote for either Kirk or Trump, but may have to. The Republican and Democrat candidates in both the Senate and Presidential races are degenerates.  Gary Johnson maybe the best candidate but he has no chance of winning. But what it comes down to if I decide to vote at all is  I`ll have to vote for the Republican degenerates. The problem in Illinois is that you have a lot of people outside the Chicagoland area who are basically conservative and should vote Republican, but vote Democrat,  Illinois at one time was a big union state, and a lot of people in Illinois either are union or grew up in a union house, and unions always side with the Democrats.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#25]
It is simple for me...I know what Hill will put in the Supreme Ct...We will have to live with them for 30-40 years...
All of our pro-gun decisions have been 5-4.  All it takes is one of Hillary's libtard judges to get in and our court cases will be done!  And, they will back up what ever "agenda" she puts forth as president.
Trump has put forth a list of judges he would recommend and they are all good.  You want to see the country go in the crapper...don't vote for Trump.  If you don't vote at all, you are helping her win.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It is simple for me...I know what Hill will put in the Supreme Ct...We will have to live with them for 30-40 years...
All of our pro-gun decisions have been 5-4.  All it takes is one of Hillary's libtard judges to get in and our court cases will be done!  And, they will back up what ever "agenda" she puts forth as president.
Trump has put forth a list of judges he would recommend and they are all good.  You want to see the country go in the crapper...don't vote for Trump.  If you don't vote at all, you are helping her win.
View Quote

Great points.  I would like to add "if you vote third party, Hillary will appreciate the support."
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:39:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Great points.  I would like to add "if you vote third party, Hillary will appreciate the support."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly this election is all about the supreme court. If Hillary wins and we hand her the Senate because we can't support our nominee the long term effects will be disastrous. There's no doubt that women is coming for everyone's guns. It may take a couple decades but they are in this for the long term. A Liberal activist dominated Supreme Court would be the end of the 2nd amendment.

If you have any doubts please read the Heller decent.

Justice Breyer also wrote a separate dissent in which he argued that the Second Amendment protects militia-related, not self-defense-related, interests, and it does not provide absolute protection from government intervention in these interests.

Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:04:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Kirk just lost...
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#29]

Kirk out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#30]
He would have gotten my vote if he supported the R nominee.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Kirk just lost...
View Quote

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:40:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Good riddance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kirk just lost...

Good riddance.

I voted for him because I didn't want to lose a Senate seat to the Dems but it was hard. I took 2 showers when I got home and I still felt dirty.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 10:46:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I voted for him because I didn't want to lose a Senate seat to the Dems but it was hard. I took 2 showers when I got home and I still felt dirty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kirk just lost...

Good riddance.

Exactly.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#34]
I voted for neither candidate. I undervoted for US Senate and for 10th District. Dold is a RINO, hence not worth squat to start with.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I voted for neither candidate. I undervoted for US Senate and for 10th District. Dold is a RINO, hence not worth squat to start with.
View Quote

Brad Schneider sends his thanks.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Good.  

Now the Illinois Republican Party has 2.5 years to pull their collective head out of their ass to challenge Durbin and 4.5 years to find a challenger to Duckworth, who ISN'T a go-along/get-along RINO...but I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 11/9/2016 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good.  

Now the Illinois Republican Party has 2.5 years to pull their collective head out of their ass to challenge Durbin and 4.5 years to find a challenger to Duckworth, who ISN'T a go-along/get-along RINO...but I won't hold my breath.
View Quote

The Republican Party will wait until the last possible moment before presenting viable candidates, put together a poor campaign strategy, then complain when they lose again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#38]
I did not vote for Kirk, and honestly, this election has been like Christmas coming early.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah,I  paused, held my nose and filled in the oval  for Kirk.

At least in my state district 76  we picked up  a house seat and retained our senator. .  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top