Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2016 2:32:26 PM EDT
I'm in Champaign for the weekend. Carried in my car coming up. I loved the guns saveife signs on I74. Now that I'm in Champaign are there any local laws that would prevent me from legally car carrying?

I like that Illinois has gotten better but you're not done yet. What organization can I donate to?
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in Champaign for the weekend. Carried in my car coming up. I loved the guns saveife signs on I74. Now that I'm in Champaign are there any local laws that would prevent me from legally car carrying?

I like that Illinois has gotten better but you're not done yet. What organization can I donate to?
View Quote

Car carry must be concealed.  Just don't step out of the car with it locked/loaded or it's a felony.  Carry on private property with owner consent.

Concealed carry is state preemption.  There are no local laws regarding it.  It is (supposed to be) uniform across the state.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
The main state groups that helped get it done here were  Illinois State Rifle Association and IllinoisCarry.com
Federal players were NRA and Second Amendment Foundation.  SAF lawsuits have been huge for IL.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I was surprised to hear that IL had pre-emption for carry. My guidebook says there are local laws on mag capacity and other oddities.

I'll scrape out a few bucks for IL SRA and IL Carry on payday. Keep in the fight, I think IL can catch up with its neighbors on gun rights!
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks! I was surprised to hear that IL had pre-emption for carry. My guidebook says there are local laws on mag capacity and other oddities.

I'll scrape out a few bucks for IL SRA and IL Carry on payday. Keep in the fight, I think IL can catch up with its neighbors on gun rights!
View Quote

Your guidebook is correct...a handful still have laws on the books.  Afaik, there have been none charged with them and no legal challenges made yet.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#7]
The signs are gunssavelife.com, they have a monthly newspaper, sometimes can be found at local establishments, look around in Champaign, called Gun News.  Can subscribe, about $30/yr, has IL and nationwide gun news/stories.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top