Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2016 9:50:33 PM EDT
Lost my fiod card. Is there a way to re-issue the card or do I have apply again. I have a photo copy of my foid, is it good for anything?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Lost my fiod card. Is there a way to re-issue the card or do I have apply again. I have a photo copy of my foid, is it good for anything?
View Quote

you can report lost card here, but site is down for maintenance right now

https://www.ispfsb.com/

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/FAQ.aspx

How do I report my FOID Card Lost/Stolen?

You can report your FOID card lost or stolen by logging into the Firearms Services web portal from the Illinois State Police website, www.isp.state.il.us or by calling the Customer Service Center at 217-782-7980. You can apply for a replacement card at the same time

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Report your card lost through the link, and print out anything the site gives you indicating you did that.  Keep a copy of it with you and hell....the photocopy probably wouldn't hurt.

It has a valid number on it which can easily be verified by LE.  Your FOID will also be on file and able to be located with your name/DOB.

In short, the physical card isn't the only way LE can verify you have a valid FOID.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I carry a screenshot of the FOID ID number on my phone,,,,just in case.

Link Posted: 10/11/2016 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

In short, the physical card isn't the only way LE can verify you have a valid FOID.
View Quote

I think actual possession of the card is required though. Or is that only for the CCL?

Mine took about 2 months when I lost it in July. I am still waiting for my replacement CCL.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think actual possession of the card is required though. Or is that only for the CCL?

Mine took about 2 months when I lost it in July. I am still waiting for my replacement CCL.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, however loss happens.  Be reasonable and diligent with it (IE in reporting it lost and seeking a replacement) and you should be good to go in the interim.
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top