Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 2:18:17 PM EDT
I posted this story to GD, but decided to cross post it here also since it's a pretty serious issue.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/09/16/chicago-illinois-state-police-ask-how-did-felon-get-conceal-carry-permit/
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 2:53:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I posted this story to GD, but decided to cross post it here also since it's a pretty serious issue.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/09/16/chicago-illinois-state-police-ask-how-did-felon-get-conceal-carry-permit/
View Quote
no one's ever accused the ISP of being intelligent.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 3:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
It would be interesting to know if prints were submitted with the application.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would bet he didn't submit prints because he knew what the result would be, but yes, I would love to know if they were submitted or not.

It looks like Tom Dart and his henchmen screwed up big time with this permit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would bet he didn't submit prints because he knew what the result would be, but yes, I would love to know if they were submitted or not.

And yet good people get Lawn Darted all the time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed he probably did not.  Wont be surprised if this event makes prints required unless he did submit.   But the app wants 10 years of history.  Wonder if  his alternate  identity went back that far and was solid with matching DL, address, etc.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:32:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually find this post kind of ironic; I personally know a fellow, who, as you're going to guess, is a convicted felon; of armed bank robbery, no less. However, he served his time, was "rehabilitated into society",  owns 2 LEGIT buisnesses, and WAS an avid gun owner. As you can guess, he spent 99% of his money to get his rights back, and actually WON his appeal for his 2A rights!

He no longer has much of his money; due to the HUGE legal fees, but more so to the fact that he can legally own and purchase firearms in our NAZI state! ;Sometimes I go to the dealer, just to see the reaction on their face when he checks YES to being a convicted felon; you HAVE to tell the truth on a 4473, right? But, yet, they CANNOT deny his rights; it is amusing, to say the least! But at least in his case, justice DID prevail! Thank God!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top