Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:28:02 AM EDT
Since the NRA has adopted blended learning for the Basics of Pistol Shooting course, have you seen a drop in interest?  

Instructors have their own costs to consider when teaching Phase II of the course.  Has the NRA online Phase I course cost of $60 caused any issues with students being able to afford to complete Phase II of the course?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 11:16:55 AM EDT
[#1]
We instructors have had pretty lengthy conversations about this and so far it's not been positive.  I am not saying no instructors haven't figured out a way to make it work, I am saying the instructors I communicate with can't figure out how to make it work.

Personally I think the online cost is way too high. It is double what it should be in my humble opinion.  Also I don't see how the student is benefiting because they are still going to need a minimum of 6 hours classroom anyways, so the training fees aren't going to go down one cent from the instructor (other than booklets).  Essentially the student is now paying $60 for booklets they used to pay $20.

Also every concealed carry instructor that I know, myself included, dropped using the NRA Basic Pistol as our Day 1. I never really got alot of students directly from the NRA website anyways. Also the NRA basic Pistol classes I hosted, I filled with my advertising dollars. I'm not going to advertise, send them to the NRA website, then hope and pray they come back to me and not some other instructor. If the NRA can send me students, and not me sending them students, I would fully embrace this class. The NRA nees to get out there and start promoting this blended learning class to potential students. They need to feed us students.

I fully intend to expand my NRA instructor credentials, even eventually becoming a training counselor.  I also fully intend to host other NRA classes. Furthermore I fully acknowledge that this blended learning is the way of the future, not just in firearms training but in all certification type classes, I just think the NRA has alot of bugs to work out on this before it becomes mutually beneficial to all parties - and I am not willing to spend my dollars to be the beta tester.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an absolute drop in interest.  None left.  No interest in participating with these A-Holes.  Millions of dollars spent to raise money to "defend my rights", nothing done to defend my rights, and a money grab to take money out of my hands and shut down my business.  Yeah, I'd say there's a drop in interest.  

Let's remember the biggest benefit of Basic Pistol was outreach.  Getting grassroots neutrals and antis into classes with their friends and neighbors, TAUGHT by their friends and neighbors, seeing gun owners don't have horns, learning the truth about the lies they'd been told, from people they knew and trusted.  Getting women and ethnic minorities involved in the shooting sports against the will of their government masters.  NOW that entire model has been destroyed by the greed of collaborator dot org in Virginia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top