Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2016 12:48:01 PM EDT
Just like the title states, does anyone know of a free online Illinois hunter safety course? I'm wanting to get started with Turkey hunting but I'm cheap so I'm looking to spend as little money as possible. Being exempt from the Field Day requirement is great for me but like I said, I'm cheap.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you take the course in person it's free.  If you want to take the online course there are two approved websites, one costs $24.50 and the other $29.00.

So if your cheap, take the class in person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like the title states, does anyone know of a free online Illinois hunter safety course? I'm wanting to get started with Turkey hunting but I'm cheap so I'm looking to spend as little money as possible. Being exempt from the Field Day requirement is great for me but like I said, I'm cheap.

If you take the course in person it's free.  If you want to take the online course there are two approved websites, one costs $24.50 and the other $29.00.

You still have to take the in person class if you do the online version, which is what I did.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You still have to take the in person class if you do the online version, which is what I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honorably discharged Illinois veterans may receive a Hunter Safety Card by completing the online self-study portion of Hunter Safety requirements, without taking the field day portion of the course.  To obtain a Hunter Safety Card, veterans must provide their online hunter safety voucher, military duty documentation (DD214) and proof of Illinois residency.

This is what I am referring to. I am exempt from the field day portion but need the online portion. There is only one in person class scheduled as of right now and it's in October. I don't feel like waiting that long. I don't think I'll be figuring out a way to not pay for it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Honorably discharged Illinois veterans may receive a Hunter Safety Card by completing the online self-study portion of Hunter Safety requirements, without taking the field day portion of the course.  To obtain a Hunter Safety Card, veterans must provide their online hunter safety voucher, military duty documentation (DD214) and proof of Illinois residency.

This is what I am referring to. I am exempt from the field day portion but need the online portion. There is only one in person class scheduled as of right now and it's in October. I don't feel like waiting that long. I don't think I'll be figuring out a way to not pay for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't notice the tank! I think I just googled IL hunters safety online and found the one I used.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Sometimes my cheapness gets the best of me but if I want to play, I'll have to pay. Now I just get to figure out all the licence and tag stuff. It's confusing as hell.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 1:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Both of my kids took the hunter safety course in the classroom and I took it as well. It was free for everyone.

Conservation office on the second day, just like Roadhawk.

Sign up for the class as early as you can, they fill up quickly the closer you get to hunting season.

What part of the state are you in?

Here is link to a list by county. I believe all of these are free.
http://www.dnr.illinois.gov/safety/Pages/ListOfEducationCoursesByCounty.aspx

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top