Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2016 2:19:33 PM EDT
I'm getting insurance quotes right now for a second home in Florida that we plan to use part time. We will not rent the Florida home - personal use only. Our main home is up north where I'm still working. The question I have is that most policies include Loss of Use coverage ranging from $40K to $100K. If a hurricane were to hit and damage the Florida home, we would simply stay up north with the exception of brief trips to meet the restoration company and monitor the repairs. My point is that we wouldn't use $40K much less $100K staying somewhere else in Florida. It might even be impossible to find a place to stay if a lot of true Floridians are displaced.

I should probably be asking this in the Ohio, New York, etc. pages since you guys don't fit my situation.

In any event, has anyone dealt with this? Thoughts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top