Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2016 3:53:05 PM EDT
Witness slips available for SB206 HFA2.

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT HFA2! And check Proponent.

http://my.ilga.gov/WitnessSlip/Create/84166?committeeHearingId=14022&LegislationId=84166&HCommittees-page=1
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Hit and Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
HFA2 is located in the drop box menu. Spread the word everyone!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
HIT & SHARED.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#4]
HIT
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Hit!
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:18:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Done
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 11:21:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Delivering 500 to 5 witness slips on such short notice is AMAZING

We LOVE the support!!!!

Mike
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Mike

First thanks for all you do for our inalienable rights...

Is there anything you need from us today like calling and asking for a vote on this in either chamber?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#10]
We expect the suppressor bill (SB206) to be heard in House today....Call and ask for support from your Rep...If it makes it out of house...Immediately call your Senator...

Same about (HB1016) Dealer licensing bill.  We think it is dead but never know when they will try something at the last minute....It is imperative that we kill this monster!!!!

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:29:18 PM EDT
[#11]
So!????? What happened ?
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So!????? What happened ?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So!????? What happened ?

Play by play here Outcome tbd

ETA: Passed the house!!!!! 69-46
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Passed the house. Will the senate vote?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
From Todd

illinois carry

HB-1016 is not dead. It will be alive every time the House meets. Since it does not have an immediate effective date, it will only take a simple majority to pass if they call it.

There was a whole series of events that happened with that yesterday. The gun grabbers where in almost panic mode trying to find a way to salvage their sinking ship.

In the end, they knew they didn't have the votes. They kept telling people they had between 55 and 58 votes. I will tell you we had a very firm 61 NOs. They don't genrally count very well.

SB-206 was waiting on the adoption of the amendment. Which felt like forever to get there. Then we were up. The debate was shorter than most would have thought. and while there were a few speakers against the bill, it was far from the rancor that many other gun debates have had.

Some on the other side saw the loosing proposition. and many don't think suppressors are that big a deal. Hence you saw the crushing roll call.

We here that they did their own roll call and had us at 59 before they even started counting leaners. they new it was over.

They were in the next office over from me while I listened to the debate from behind the chamber and answered questions from the floor to help the debate. Not seeing the board I could not tell how the vote was going when it was called. and as the Speaker announced the total, I let out one big YES and got a high five from a friend. 69 yes votes.

My boss Shannon was in town, has been for the last week and 1/2 and she came running down from the balcony where it was more high 5's and hugs.

In ways, this is more satisfying than carry's passage as this was all us. We won the carry fight with the court. But this was all us making the case and slogging it out for the last two years. The gun grabbers were weak in their arguments essentially saying we don't like them.

A big tip of the hat goes to 3 people. Ed Sullivan worked his tail off on the republican side of the aisle. Brandon Phelps really worked hard on this to pull it together and keep things moving. Jerry Costello was a fricken rock star. He was out whip working the roll call on the floor to no end. one by one we picked up votes. one by one we watched that number grow. At one point I thought they were going to need to put a revolving door in the back for the number of times he was coming out for updates.

Brandon was there shoulder to shoulder with him while we prepped some questions and got ready. These two guys really worked to make this happen yesterday. And it showed. My boss from NRA, Knox from the Suppressor Assn, Whit from NSSF and I were all there till the closing gavel at midnight. We went down to the wire trying to get it done. but came up just a bit short, no fault of our side.

Now the $64 question is where do we go and what's next.

The Speaker gave us a senate bill to use for a vehicle. this meant we would only need to go back to the Senate for concurrence. unfortunately , Senator Raoul was the sponsor. He is refusing to give it up and is sitting on it. Wanting to have some global talks about gun issues. Likewise the Senate President doesn't want to call the bill. We know we have the votes to pass it.

Since they will be in summer session, everyday is another chance to move the bill. Since it has an immediate effective date, from this point until January it will need 36 votes to pass. Another small hurdle put in place by Cullerton not calling the bill last night.

But now is the time to start calling on the Senate. Call your senator and tell them you want to see SB-206 brought to the floor for a concurrence vote.

Call the Senate President's office and tell him, John Cullerton, not Tom, that you want SB-206 brought to the floor for a concurrence vote. Keep calling every day until we get it and don't forget to get your Senator to support and vote for the bill.

It's not over. and we are sitting pretty strong for our first ever run and legalizing suppressors. As we walked out of the back office office after the vote to begin working on the senate, the anti-gunner shouted out when's Kwame (senator Rauol) going to call that for a vote? They think they have an upper hand.

they really don't know the landscape. and they seem to forget that we consistently put thousands of witness slips on bills and amendments to their dozens or maybe hundreds. And you guys were great with witness slips, calls blogging and social media. it all made a difference. I saw some of the social media literally lock in and push votes to our side. So thank you and keep it up.

And while some on Cullerton's staff think the Speaker screwed us and the downstate guys I will say NOT SO.

his staff worked very hard to make this happen. there was very little to no pressure applied by staff on this vote. He gave us a senate bill instead of running a House bill which would need more time, the required 3 readings in the senate to pass. And he voted for it. He really was trying to help out his downstate guys. and this all came about because of a meeting with Jerry Costello, Brandon Phelps and Dan Bieser, over dinner, and their explanation of how important this was to them. that shook the bill loose.

So while the Senate is a temporary set back, I'm sure one way or the other we can overcome it. If not, thats what elections are for.

SB-553 is still alive and will be worked on this summer as session allows. We're not done yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top