Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2016 4:19:41 PM EDT
Friend of mine has the joy of living in Illinois.  He recently applied for his CCL. It was denied because "Submitted CCL address information does not match Illinois Driver's License/ID card information."

He asked if I knew what they meant, which I don't as I don't live in Illinois.  But I told him I knew where I'd get good information (AFRCOM).

Anyone knows what the denial reason means?

He recently moved within the state.  In that state, do they want you to get a new drivers license with the current address on it? That is what it sounds like to be but, again, I don't know IL law.

Thank you to anyone who can provide input on what all this means.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
his current address needs to match his ID
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Also when they started issuing them, and I assume things have not changed, it had to match exactly e.g Dr did not equal Drive, Rd did not equal Road.

You do have a grace period to get an updated license with new address, I just dont recall how long that is.  Life is going to be easier with matching DL and FOID cards.  To do a change of address on CCL and FOID is going to run $80.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Correct...Dr. License and CCL Address have to match exactly.
You may have log into your application when you get them matching to upload a copy to let them know it has been done.

Link Posted: 5/29/2016 10:43:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a student who was initially rejected because the ISP insisted upon putting his P.O. Box as his address on his FOID for some reason, but his DL still listed his street address. So there can be an issue with mailing addresses versus physical addresses on the cards.

We has to contact the ISPFSB get his FOID corrected before he could resubmit.

I have all my students pull out their FOID and DL's during class now to verify all the data matches up. Usually there's at least a few that had name-changes from marriages/divorces, address changes from moving, etc. that need updated before applying.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had a student who was initially rejected because the ISP insisted upon putting his P.O. Box as his address on his FOID for some reason, but his DL still listed his street address. So there can be an issue with mailing addresses versus physical addresses on the cards.

We had to contact the ISPFSB get his FOID corrected before he could resubmit.

I have all my students pull out their FOID and DL's during class now to verify all the data matches up. Usually there's at least a few that had name-changes from marriages/divorces, address changes from moving, etc. that need updated before applying.
View Quote

That right there in bold.

If any of the information is wrong or doesn't match  -

1. Fix your D/L if it's incorrect.
2. Fix your FOID so it matches your D/L.
3. Apply for your CCL..

Doing it in any other sequence will cause you *much* unneeded grief.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I had that problem back in April, my driver's license had to be changed because my Zip had changed.............the application got kicked out and rejected. Had to wait another 68 days for the license to go active and another 5 days for it to appear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top