Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 11:43:59 AM EDT
I've got to be in the Kankakee area for ten days starting next week.  I understand that area is pretty rough, but I can drive into work every day from somewhere within 30 miles or so.  Any suggestions on where I should stay?  I'm flying into O'Hare and getting a rental car, just don't know the area well enough to feel confident about where I pick a hotel.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Holiday Inn next to bestbuy in Bourbonnais..there are a few other hotels nearby it if your prefer a different chain...probably the "nicest" part of town

I stayed there the night before my wedding...I live near Champaign
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Grew up in bradley/bourbonnasi/kankakee area.  The hotels around the northfield square mall are your best bet.  Also want good beer go to the Hoppy Pig which is right down fifty.  
Just stay out of Kankakee and youll be fine trust me.   There is nothing to do in the area though.........  At all........... Im sorry you have to be there for 10 days.  Let know if you want to know anything.  lived there for 18 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 7:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll book a hotel up around that area.

I'm assuming if I find a gym for the ten days that I should be able to find one that won't get me shot for looking white in the wrong area?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top