Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2016 9:21:45 AM EDT
I will be station at Scott AFB this June and am looking for a recommendation on a CCL Firearms instructor in the area.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  

v/r
XM
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 11:29:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you non-resident?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will be station at Scott AFB this June and am looking for a recommendation on a CCL Firearms instructor in the area.

v/r
XM
View Quote

Get with Jesse and Katie. Soteria
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd recommend Shooter's in Columbia.

http://shootersindoorrange.com/Home_Page.php
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

v/r
XM

Hey that's Me! Thanks for the recommendation.
Give us a call at the shop if you have any questions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats where i took mine. they can be somewhat blunt, but it is a family owned business and they are VERY customer oriented and teach a great class. very detailed and thorough.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thats where i took mine. they can be somewhat blunt, but it is a family owned business and they are VERY customer oriented and teach a great class. very detailed and thorough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look like a rough crowd, but are actually some damn good people.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Mark Owensby at Rampart Range in Pocohontas.

http://rampartrangeinc.com/
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:10:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for the recommendations.  

Unfortunately I think I may have an issue as I am a non-resident.  I am active duty but my home of record is New York (even though I haven't lived there in more than 22 years).  Apparently I am not  eligible for a Carry Permit.  I will also surmise that my Florida and Virginia non-resident permits will not be valid in the state.  I guess I have more homework to do.

I just hope there are some good ranges in the area to finally be able to go shooting recreationally after a three year hiatus in Europe.

Again, many thanks everyone for the information.

v/r
XM
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Valinda and I have been working this bill for all it's worth!!!  It has pretty good support in both Senate and House...Nothing is over until it is over but, I think we are going to get this much needed fix for our military folks.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want to talk to an authority on your situation, check out this link.
Culp vs Madigan IllinoisCarry.com

You can contact KWC....

Mike
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you want to talk to an authority on your situation, check out this link.
Culp vs Madigan IllinoisCarry.com

You can contact KWC....

Mike
View Quote

Good information.  I appreciate it.  When I arrive in June I would like to be active in the effort in any way possible.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I will second Shooters as I am not familiar with the others mentioned. (I am sure they are GTG as well.)

I work at Scott and live nearby. Post up here when you arrive and I can give you a tour of the range I am a member of (and some private land)

CS
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I think I may have an issue as I am a non-resident.  I am active duty but my home of record is New York (even though I haven't lived there in more than 22 years).  Apparently I am not  eligible for a Carry Permit.  I will also surmise that my Florida and Virginia non-resident permits will not be valid in the state.  I guess I have more homework to do.

I just hope there are some good ranges in the area to finally be able to go shooting recreationally after a three year hiatus in Europe.

v/r
XM
View Quote

Get an Illinois drivers license, problem solved. This does not change your home of record where the .mil is concerned but meets the requirements for obtaining an IL CCW.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:33:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I will second Shooters as I am not familiar with the others mentioned. (I am sure they are GTG as well.)

I work at Scott and live nearby. Post up here when you arrive and I can give you a tour of the range I am a member of (and some private land)

CS
View Quote

Excellent I appreciate the offer.  I will take you up on it when I arrive and settle in.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Get an Illinois drivers license, problem solved. This does not change your home of record where the .mil is concerned but meets the requirements for obtaining an IL CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

v/r
XM

Now why didn't I think of this.  Pure genius.  Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Not an authority but, this could change voting rights in home state, property taxes, and maybe get to pay our wonderful income taxes... etc as you would be changing your state of residence to get drivers license.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I went through Sotera also.  I thought is was a very well done class with good instructors.  They have since helped me through the process in getting my FL CCW.  They are my go to recommendation for the classes and if you need and FFL dealer in general.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Not an authority but, this could change voting rights in home state, property taxes, and maybe get to pay our wonderful income taxes... etc as you would be changing your state of residence to get drivers license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Active military are exempt from income taxes in IL.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I am no where near SAFB however I will be doing a free 8 hour class for disabled veterans again in August.  Pass around the word and have people start contacting me to get put on the waiting list.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top