Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, they changed the sponsor to a downstate Dem who was NRA endorsed.  House is back tomorrow so the Senate will be also.

Per a post from Todd V on illinoiscarry:

"We've been workign on the suppressor bill. Had a meeting with Sen. Forby today about it.

it will take 36 votes to pass at this point and we are working on it so start calling your legislators"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Well, they changed the sponsor to a downstate Dem who was NRA endorsed.  House is back tomorrow so I think that means the Senate is also.

Per a post from Todd V on illinoiscarry:

"We've been workign on the suppressor bill. Had a meeting with Sen. Forby today about it.

it will take 36 votes to pass at this point and we are working on it so start calling your legislators"

View Quote
Fuck ya! Hammer the phones and emails guys!

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, I hope we can get this done.  If so, 300blk in my future.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Unfortunately the legislature adjourned without a vote and won't be back until mid-late November.

Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:17:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I really really hope we are not trading off suppressors for the stupid terror watch list bill that conspicuously Illinoiscarry is neutral on.  It scares me a gun rights organization would be neutral on an obvious violation of civil rights as it relates to firearm ownership.

This is especially true since the suppressor bill stalled in the senate, and you know those anti gun dirt bags are just looking for a trade off.  "We'll give you suppressors if you give us something."
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The antis still think they need something as a trade-off for concealed carry.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I really really hope we are not trading off suppressors for the stupid terror watch list bill that conspicuously Illinoiscarry is neutral on.  It scares me a gun rights organization would be neutral on an obvious violation of civil rights as it relates to firearm ownership.

This is especially true since the suppressor bill stalled in the senate, and you know those anti gun dirt bags are just looking for a trade off.  "We'll give you suppressors if you give us something."
View Quote

IllinoisCarry is neutral because the bill does not add any new restrictions on law-abiding gun owners, as per NRA attorneys.  IllinoisCarry would never bargain a right away in order to gain a right.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Any chance this will grow legs in the veto session?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Before the year is out it will get passed.
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you're right!
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Fingers crossed, and I will be at the ready to help in any way I can!

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top