Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2016 7:00:22 PM EDT
http://gov.texas.gov/news/proclamation/22258

..."NOW, THEREFORE, I, Greg Abbott, Governor of Texas, do hereby proclaim that the State of Texas shall give full faith and credit to a valid license to carry a handgun issued by the State of Illinois as long as Illinois permit holders comply with all laws, rules, and regulations of the State of Texas governing the carrying of handguns, including age restrictions and types of weapons permitted."..

Thanks to the those involved making this happen:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=61336&page=1

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
sweeeeet
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#2]
fantastic
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sweeeeet
View Quote
now if FL would I'd be set

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Valinda has been working on this for about a year...When she got the call yesterday just before they announced, she was so giddy she couldn't sit down!!!
She made us proud!
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Many States have already accepted Illinois CCL's for a long time

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would you happen to have an accurate list of the states ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://handgunlaw.us/states/illinois.pdf

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40609

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Valinda has been working on this for about a year...When she got the call yesterday just before they announced, she was so giddy she couldn't sit down!!!

She made us proud!

View Quote
Any chance of FL recognizing it? I have Family in FL and would like to be able to carry there without paying out for an out of state permit.

And as always, Thank you guys for all your hard work on supporting our rights.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
She made us proud!
View Quote

Thank you both!

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Any chance of FL recognizing it?
View Quote

Florida would have to change their requirements like Texas just did a while back.  Right now, Florida requires reciprocity before they will recognize another state's permits...Reciprocity isn't on the radar for IL yet.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Florida would have to change their requirements like Texas just did a while back.  Right now, Florida requires reciprocity before they will recognize another state's permits...Reciprocity isn't on the radar for IL yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Any chance of FL recognizing it?

Ah, that would explain that. Thank you for the info.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 11:41:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome. I just bought a home in Texas. I've been trying to decide whether to keep my license in Illinois (I still have my home here as well) or to get a Texas license.

I'm leaning towards getting my Texas license, but I'm trying to figure out what would happen to my Illinois permit. If i could I'd like to see if i could convert it to a nonresident permit. I don't know that they'd do it though because the nonresident permits will only be granted to citizens of Hawaii, SC, NM, AND one other state because their laws are substantially similar to ours. But considering that I have an actual Illinois permit I think it's crazy if they wouldn't grant me a nonresident permit.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#13]
No, you could not convert your resident CCL to a non-resident if you become a TX resident. Keep the IL CCL since you can now carry in TX on it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Awesome. I just bought a home in Texas. I've been trying to decide whether to keep my license in Illinois (I still have my home here as well) or to get a Texas license.
View Quote

When you change your residence, ISP will cancel your carry permit.  We are currently involved in a lawsuit on this issue.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 11:29:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

When you change your residence, ISP will cancel your carry permit.  We are currently involved in a lawsuit on this issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's about as stupid as stupid gets.  You took and paid for the training required and you paid for the license.  They approved the license.  Why the hell would they not honor the license until it naturally expires?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top