Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know if this is a stupid question but does anyone switch between a red dot sight and a scope?
I have a crappy scope but I have my Primary Arms red dot sight installed....I might just bring that crappy scope.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont know if this is a stupid question but does anyone switch between a red dot sight and a scope?
I have a crappy scope but I have my Primary Arms red dot sight installed....I might just bring that crappy scope.
Thanks
View Quote

If you have nice mounts (i.e. Larue) that will hold zero after removal it's not an issue. Otherwise re-zero over and over gets tedious. Ymmv
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 5:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If you have nice mounts (i.e. Larue) that will hold zero after removal it's not an issue. Otherwise re-zero over and over gets tedious. Ymmv
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks

Ya I was thinking its all about the mount too. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish I had seen this thread sooner. I woulda made a trip up for it.

I don't get in the hometown forum as often as I should

Hope you guys have a good time and post up some pics!
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a great time today, met a lot of great guys and shot some awesome stuff! Thanks again Chris for hosting us!

-Drew Foster
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone finds a tighter shirt, let me know.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone finds a tighter shirt, let me know.
View Quote

#HasToBeAnInsideJoke
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
what an awesome time!  thanks again chris!

Kent, send me that scope info PLEEEEASE.

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 12:07:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Found two ticks on the drive home.  Remember to check your six o'clock rustler, guys.

Thanks again goes out to Chris for having us out there.

EDIT: You guys made me download a Bullet Drop Ballistics Calculator app...  Can actually figure out where all the hash tags range beyond 300 now.  Would've been useful yesterday.  Shooting low because my "500" was @487.    That's what happens when your longest range attempts were 300 up until yesterday.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Had a great time and it was a pleasure meeting you all. We had a good group!

As for the scope, it's a Bushnell PCL Throw down.  It's on sale right now at Palmetto.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/bushnell-ar-optics-1-4x-24mm-throw-down-pcl-ar91424i.html
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Chris for having all of us out by you, I had a super awesome time....It was nice to meet everyone, hope to see you next time/year.
Now you guys got me looking for a scope, Benelli semi-auto shotgun and that Ruger bolt action rifle, what model was that.
Take care everyone.
Also thanks to the guy that let me shoot that Benelli, Sorry im bad with names.
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Great batch of pics. Thanks for sharing!
Kent
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
druw and I have pics here

hopefully this works :P
https://goo.gl/photos/wtMqbt1dxgFJBk5YA
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 9:56:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Great pics all, thank you for sharing!  Thank you again OP for the welcome!

Next time, I'll bring more quesadillas... :)
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#16]
A big thank you to everyone for coming out, being safe, and contributing to a great overall time.  I think things went really well and i was really happy with the overall turnout.   Thank you to all who contributed spraypaint, cash, etc. to make the shoot and the range better.   Don't be afraid to contact me in regards to getting together and shooting sometime this summer;  i shoot often until september or so when hunting season takes over.

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 8:58:58 AM EDT
[#17]
thanks again, it was a GREAT TIME
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow looks like i missed out on a great opportunity to have fun and shoot with all of you guys.

where did you guys end up shooting ?

On a side note i just finished up on another 80%  do any of u local guys need to borrow a Jig?  i have one for both 223 and 308..

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully I can make it out to the next one
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:13:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
A big thank you to everyone for coming out, being safe, and contributing to a great overall time.  I think things went really well and i was really happy with the overall turnout.   Thank you to all who contributed spraypaint, cash, etc. to make the shoot and the range better.   Don't be afraid to contact me in regards to getting together and shooting sometime this summer;  i shoot often until september or so when hunting season takes over.

View Quote

I will take you up on that!
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#21]
So bummed I missed out on this. Hopefully work won't get in the way of the next one
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so much this.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

so much this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so much this.

X3.....
By far the best shooting experience I had.
We need to get a bigger tarp.
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I would be very interested in seeing another one of these shoots slated for later in the summer.  I for one (thinking selfishly here) find it much more conducive to scheduling events 4-8 weeks in advance to clear my calendar with the wife/family as well as lighten my work travel schedule the week leading up to the shoot.  I would be game to bring more paint, a big ass tarp, name tags, etc.  Let us know a date and I would do my best to be there!  
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would be very interested in seeing another one of these shoots slated for later in the summer.  I for one (thinking selfishly here) find it much more conducive to scheduling events 4-8 weeks in advance to clear my calendar with the wife/family as well as lighten my work travel schedule the week leading up to the shoot.  I would be game to bring more paint, a big ass tarp, name tags, etc.  Let us know a date and I would do my best to be there!  
View Quote

Sure.  This one was planned pretty far in advance in all honesty.  Personally, my June is full and most of july.  I have a baby due in early september and i dont shoot on the range much after labor day because i turn my time to hunting (bow season starts October 1st).  There is a slim possibility something may happen in august but currently i can not commit to a weekend.  I will post up if i think i have a time that will work.  I do hope to host another shoot next year and i'll probably try to do it in april or may.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top