Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to take you up on your offer to chrony some different ammunition types.
View Quote

I'll pack it up and bring it along.  Probably won't have a bunch of time to test a bunch of rounds, but some 5-10 round groups of a few types should definitely be doable.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I will tentatively be attending! I can bring a bunch of NV/Thermal demo gear for those that would be interested. Also, I'll probably bring some clone guns because they are most fun.
View Quote

I'd Iove to try out some demo gear! I may have a clone done by that time to bring along
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'd Iove to try out some demo gear! I may have a clone done by that time to bring along
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will tentatively be attending! I can bring a bunch of NV/Thermal demo gear for those that would be interested. Also, I'll probably bring some clone guns because they are most fun.

Which clone?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for interest. Dying to try night shooting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To the Top!

lets plan on Saturday, June 11th for the shoot.  specific times and details to follow.
View Quote

Schedule changed, I can do this now. Hell yes!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which clone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which clone?

Mk12..mod1
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mk12..mod1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which clone?

Mk12..mod1

Good choice. That's mine in the op
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Looking forward to this! Updated range picture

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:26:29 AM EDT
[#9]
My AR was put together today. I'm shooting it for the first time tomorrow and I'm looking forward to trying it outside!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:41:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/bumpinblaze4x4/media/20160506_191608_zps3qcyxr7u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/20160506_191608_zps3qcyxr7u.jpg</a>
View Quote

That looks really good. Hope to be their next month.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s37.photobucket.com/user/bumpinblaze4x4/media/20160506_191608_zps3qcyxr7u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/bumpinblaze4x4/20160506_191608_zps3qcyxr7u.jpg</a>
View Quote

You must really hate that shed.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a Kevlar shed so.....yeah.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Range is looking good! I'll bring my magneto so we can have a second one there in case anyone needs to chrono more rounds
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Man, I'm in Alaska that weekend or I'd be in.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:17:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Norwegian Cruise by any chance?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea about storage space to set things out? I'm bringing 3 members, and we might just bring 2 or 3 guns each. I don't mind my stuff getting bumped about or tossed in the grass, but I know others are much more cautious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#17]
You will have to pardon my crude Paint skills but here is a rough layout.  The range is the dirt road and measures about 1600 feet (we can shoot a max of 500 yards).  The biggest downfall is that it is narrow so beyond 50 yards we can shoot only 3 to 4 people wide (and less the further we go back).

What we did last year was park cars in the grass where the RED box is when we were shooting CQB/pistol work.  We would then move vehicles back as we worked back to shoot at further ranges.  This was easy with 4-5 cars and a smaller turnout last year; this year i think it may be best to keep vehicles parked near the highway (blue box) at around the 500 yard mark (closer when we're shooting closer) but parking/staging areas will be the biggest downfall of the shoot.   i'm hopoing to get permission from the neighbor on the otherside of the highway to park a few cars in their asphalt lot (Blue box north of highway).

I'm assuming people will be bringing alot of stuff including food, etc.  Otherwise we can leave some vehicles in the Yellow box (which is where we will initially meet)) but from there you would need a ride to the range.  There is also a concrete slab near the building that is the WHITE box which also works for parking but its about a 100 yard walk from there to the target stand.   Many options but none are perfect.  

We have a Polaris Ranger so we'll use that to drive down and check targets or paint targets as needed to minimize vehicle traffic up and down the range, especially if its wet because the dirt road (range) can get some puddles.

DISREGARD THE GOLD STARS

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks and sounds good to me....
Question are you going to e-mail us directions?
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks and sounds good to me....
Question are you going to e-mail us directions?
View Quote

Yes.  When we get a little bit closer to the date (probably the end of this month) i will ask all of those attending to PM me and i will provide directions along with my phone number.  I will also try to provide a little more structure in regards to timing, and the plan in regards to the shoot.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry about the way I asked that...now that I read what I typed it sounded rude or something....
Sounds good...
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

DISREGARD THE GOLD STARS
View Quote

All I can think about now are the stars. What do the stars mean????
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry about the way I asked that...now that I read what I typed it sounded rude or something....
Sounds good...
Thanks
View Quote

You're fine, no worries.  I didn't interpret it as disrespectful at all.

The Gold Stars mark areas where i have Treestands (i'm a huge whitetail hunter).

WOULD ANYONE WITH NVG'S BE INTERESTED IN DOING SOME NIGHT SHOOTING PRIOR TO THIS PLANNED SHOOT?  IF SO, PM ME.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope visiting family
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#24]
5/21 UPDATE.   PLEASE READ

Since we are getting closer to the shoot i need to get a bit of an idea on numbers, etc. so if everyone can copy and paste the following "questionnaire" and PM it to me, i would appreciate it.   When we get closer to the shoot i will PM everyone that is attending with my cell phone number.  I will also start a tally in this OP with who is attending.  Please RSVP via PM if you are coming or are a maybe. If you can not come there is no need to PM me.  If you plan to come but can't be certain until closer to the shoot, please PM me but state such.  I just need to get an appx idea on numbers.

First name:
Hometown:
Are you bringing anyone with?  If yes, how many people?
What time do you feel we should meet/start on saturday morning?
If the weather does not cooperate, would you consider coming on sunday 6/12?
Do you plan on staying for the low light/night portion of the shoot?
Do you own or will you be bringing Night vision equipment?
What type/caliber weapons are you bringing?
What is the primary type of shooting you wish to do (zero and plinking, mostly pistol, tactical carbine/drills, low light/night shooting, long range (300+ yards)?  Please state all that apply or add others.
Do you have a law enforcement/military background?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#25]
PM sent with info.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#26]
For the time being, let's plan on meeting between 8:45 am and 9am at the buildings off of Highway 71.  I will PM everyone that PM'd me with my cell number should you need it.  I'll continue to update everyone as needed; feel free to PM me any questions.   I drive a late model Black, Chevy Silverado extended cab and will be parked in the gravel lot where we will meet (on highway 71).

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#27]
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Won't be able to make it
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 6:40:47 AM EDT
[#29]
PM'd a couple days ago.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll be sitting down and contacting everyone early next week.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Count me in sounds very cool. Bringing a few ar's in .223, 300 blackout, 308 and ak47 and some other toys plus night vision scope and nods. Also can bring steel targets if needed ( you can never have too much steel ). Looking forward to meeting y'all
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#32]
OP - did my PM go through?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:50:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
OP - did my PM go through?
View Quote

Yup. Will send everyone a pm early this week. If you are coming and don't receive a pm by Thursday,  message me
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Do you have enough chain and carabiners on hand, or would bringing some be prudent?
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 10:53:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Do you have enough chain and carabiners on hand, or would bringing some be prudent?
View Quote

I should be good on both for the time being but thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 8:30:44 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll bring some.  I am really good at killing chains.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 10:02:12 AM EDT
[#37]
***ATTENTION***

I believe i have sent a PM to everyone who plans to attend, at least those that have PM'd me their info and RSVP'd.   If you plan to attend but did not receive a PM from me, please contact me for further info.

9am saturday guys.  It's going to be a scorcher so please come prepared to the best of your ability.  Looking forward to meeting everyone.  It looks like we will have a solid dozen people attending.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Does anyone attending the shoot have a magnifier that they will be bringing (or willing to bring)? I have one of these I would really like to try with a magnifier:

http://www.primaryarms.com/hs503g-acss/p/hs503g-acss/

If you have one and would be willing to bring it, I would appreciate it!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:41:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Does anyone attending the shoot have a magnifier that they will be bringing (or willing to bring)? I have one of these I would really like to try with a magnifier:

View Quote

I do not, maybe one of the other attendees will.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry I dont own a magnifier.....
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Pm sent
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I figured it was kind of a long shot, but just thought I would throw it out there. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#44]
Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Forecast is still sitting at 98°, so bring your hydration for sure.  For those that aren't aware, you really need to hydrate the day before, so be sure to load up on the liquids on Friday.  If you start trying to hydrate on Saturday, it's already too late.  

Same can be said for sunscreen.  Put it on before you leave the house to head out.  Reapply once you get there.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looking forward to meeting everyone.  Forecast is still sitting at 98°, so bring your hydration for sure.  For those that aren't aware, you really need to hydrate the day before, so be sure to load up on the liquids on Friday.  If you start trying to hydrate on Saturday, it's already too late.  

Same can be said for sunscreen.  Put it on before you leave the house to head out.  Reapply once you get there.

View Quote

All good points. See you their.
Also is everyone going to have scopes on their rifles? Reason ask is that I just have a Primary Arms rds on mine, how many yards is that good for?
Thanks

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#46]
In my car, there will be two NXSs, a Viper PST, and a Kahles.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:55:19 PM EDT
[#47]
I think there will be a variety of red dot sights and scoped rifles.  Bring whatever you want; nobody will judge!

In regards to a couple questions i've had:

Please bring your FOID card as well. Thanks

I have a Leupold spotting scope for those interested; feel free to bring your own or binoculars if desired.

For those interested in shooting a lot of paper targets, please bring your own.  I have some paper targets but only some.   I also have a stapler but if you have one lying around, bring it  (no need to go buy one).

Another member has some paper target stands and i have a board rigged up to hang on the chain allowing paper targets to be stapled with ease.

I will be "staging" out of my pickup bed.  If you do not have a truck i would recommend some sort of table, etc.  Just a thought.

I do ask that we make every effort to pick up all casings that will be spent and if you're shooting steel, please do not put them in my brass bucket.   We dont get 100% of the spent casings but if we can pick up 95% that would be great.  

Should the weather decide to turn or something come up on my end I WILL POST HERE IMMEDIATELY TO NOTIFY EVERYONE OF ANY CHANGES (MUCH EASIER THAN PM'ING EVERYONE).

If you have questions or concerns leading up to saturday, just PM, text, or call me.  

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#48]
For those that are hesitant to stay and shoot for low light/no light because of the gear they have or do not have, i have an extra surefire weaponlight that will attach to any rail system along with an extra surefire x300U for your pistol that anyone can use.

I have also printed off 25 generic paper targets and 25 "dot torture" paper targets as well.

I know the heat is going to be rough but let's all focus on SAFETY AND FUN!
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#49]
I have a pack of paper I can bring if I remember

I started packing up last night because tonight is date night with the wife, hydrating is going to be rough!

Link Posted: 6/10/2016 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll bring a fat stack of Redfield Champion targets. Also bringing a Wheeler torque wrench, allen keys and torx drivers.

Also, installing an MBT-2S for anyone who wants to play with one.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top