Kvanderploeg
Krazny13
Druwzfostr
AWDeity

Current members who may be attending:

Marksman14
RBhoover
shifty522

Since we are getting closer to the shoot i need to get a bit of an idea on numbers, etc. so if everyone can copy and paste the following "questionnaire" and PM it to me, i would appreciate it.   When we get closer to the shoot i will PM everyone that is attending with my cell phone number.  I will also start a tally in this OP with who is attending.  Please RSVP via PM if you are coming or are a maybe. If you can not come there is no need to PM me.  If you plan to come but can't be certain until closer to the shoot, please PM me but state such.  I just need to get an appx idea on numbers.

First name:
Hometown:
Are you bringing anyone with?  If yes, how many people?
What time do you feel we should meet/start on saturday morning?
If the weather does not cooperate, would you consider coming on sunday 6/12?
Do you plan on staying for the low light/night portion of the shoot?
Do you own or will you be bringing Night vision equipment?
What type/caliber weapons are you bringing?
What is the primary type of shooting you wish to do (zero and plinking, mostly pistol, tactical carbine/drills, low light/night shooting, long range (300+ yards)?  Please state all that apply or add others.
Do you have a law enforcement/military background?

As stated prior, everyone coming will be required to sign a waiver which includes FOID information so please bring your FOID card.  It'd also be great if everyone could bring a can of white (or similar color) spray paint.  i highly recommend the Rustoleum 2X Ultra Cover paint.  Althought slightly more expensive, it coats well and sticks better.  Rustoleum 2x ULTRA COVER
A small donation would also be appreciated.  This helps goes to ranges costs including mowing, gas, and target/range maintenance (steel targets, chain, and carabiners aren't cheap).

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Last year i hosted a shoot with a few members from the site, i'm considering doing the same thing this summer so if you are interested please post up.

Right now i'm probably looking at one of the first 3 weekends in june, preferably before it gets too hot.  Probably a one day, saturday, shoot with the option of a night shoot as well.  

Feel free to ask any questions in the thread, the link to last years thread is below which has alot of info.  The shoot would be near Hennepin, IL.

I've done some minor "range" mods and invested in some more steel targets along with having some other steel targets made by a friend out of AR400 steel so there should be plenty of targets; can only shoot about 3-5 wide at this time.

Due to the liability of hosting a shoot i will require everyone present to sign a waiver; i would also ask for a small "donation" to help pay for maintenance and upkeep of the range.  I'll post updates and dates as they become available.

Possible dates
4/30
6/11

As of 4/21 The shoot is tentatively planned for Saturday, June 11th unless otherwise noted.  Hours/details will follow.

Please post which (if any) dates would be of interest or work with your schedule.

2015 ARFCOM Hometown Shoot Thread

Mock suppressor fyi

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds great. I have friends in Spring Valley and I see you're pretty close. Perhaps two hours from me in the NW Chicago burbs. I only have pistols myself, but are you willing to share ARs if I supplied ammo? :). I've shot a friend's AR several times.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#2]
IN!

'had a great time last year, even though I had to leave early

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds great. I have friends in Spring Valley and I see you're pretty close. Perhaps two hours from me in the NW Chicago burbs. I only have pistols myself, but are you willing to share ARs if I supplied ammo? :). I've shot a friend's AR several times.

View Quote
I'm sure there will be more than enough guns there. I don't mind sharing.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a few guys with NVG's that would love to do a night shoot there  

Great of you to host this again.  I missed the last one, but I've been down there before and its a great setup.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
You know I'm in!

Marie,
If you have ammo, I'll have something you can unload it in.  ;)
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You know I'm in!

Marie,
If you have ammo, I'll have something you can unload it in.  ;)
View Quote

Just tell me me which caliber to get!

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I can provide options for 5.56 (.223 is also fine), .308 (7.62x51), and 300 Blackout.  I can even bring out the M1 Garand again, which is 30-06.  I would prefer not to run the steel case ammo though.  I have an SKS as well, and steel cased 7.62x39 is fine for that rifle. Just let me know what you're buying.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I buy pretty much all my ammo at Walmart, so it will be decent stuff. I prefer Federal or Winchester. I hate dirty crap ammo from overseas. I don't buy steel cased ever.

Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure your best bet would be 5.56/.223 as it's sure to be the most common there.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm in Joliet, would be interested.  My schedule is pretty unpredictable though (railroad).  Would love to bring my AR.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Definitely interested.  I can bring my M107a1 and my 338 MRAD and share.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:18:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd be game again.  OP really has a cool range setup, and I'd love the chance to stretch the ECC's legs again.  Plus I have a few new toys I'd love to share.  Calibers would be 5.56, 7.62x51, 9mm, .45 and .22LR.  

And I'll bring some targets (Cardboard IDPA, and stands to hold them.)  As well as some chains and some cans of spray paint, so I dont have a repeat of last time.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd love to join as well!  I find myself near/in Princeton quite often, so I am familiar with the area.  Like others have mentioned, I have a few toys as well, happy to share (so long as you dont intend to run steel ammo).

I would bring an AR, bolt action gun in 6.5 creedmoor, CZ Scorpion in 9mm, and a couple of pistols...

To the OP, thank you for the consideration of hosting!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
It is a little off from my opening post but how would people feel about April 30th?

Edit: back to a June shoot
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It is a little off from my opening post but how would people feel about April 30th?
View Quote
April 30th sounds great.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have a prior commitment.  Sorry I won't be able to make it.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll mark it down.  Should be able to make it.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#18]
I have to work

one day....
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Should work for me!
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can make the 30th work.  What time do you anticipate starting (roughly)? Thanks much!
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Either one of those June dates looks great. So looking forward to this because I missed last year. If you do roll with a June date I'll bring an AR or two and some surplus rifles.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Working that weekend. Shoot.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I would be interested in a June meet (can't make April 30th), provided I get the ok from the boss
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Let's hold off on the April 30th shoot and plan on June for now. I'll edit my original post.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Definitely interested!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:50:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Out for 6/4 but 6/11 works.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#27]
im in. about an hour away.i can bring a couple ar's, mini-14, m-14, and garand.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:05:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds good to me....I could not make it last time but this time sounds good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Either of the June dates appears to work for me right now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#30]
how small a donation?

will it be long range shooting only or will there be some tactical shooting, i.e. barricade, urban prone, Mozambique drills etc?

thanks in advance for hosting
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
how small a donation?

will it be long range shooting only or will there be some tactical shooting, i.e. barricade, urban prone, Mozambique drills etc?

thanks in advance for hosting
View Quote

The donation is just a suggestion; i'm not going to charge people to come shoot.  Last year people donated between $10-$25 per person which was greatly appreciated.   The money went to/goes to range maintenence, steel targets, mowing, gas, etc.  

The actual shooting style throughout the day will probably change as the day goes on.  I'm guessing that we will probably work on 50-100 yards zero and plinking to start followed by gradually backing up to the 500 yard mark (range max).  I'm sure people will want to do some pistol shooting so at that point we can determine what and how people will be shooting at a closer range.  I have no problem with individual drills as long as the range line and safety is followed; this would have to be agreed upon by everyone.

Since i'm hoping to do some night shooting and NVG work, i think most tactical shooting, etc will take place towards the end of the day.  I dont have any specific barricades but i'm open to shooting however you guys like.

For short range (pistol, cqb, within 30 yards) we can shoot 5-8 people wide.  The range gets narrower at around the 100 yard mark which will probably limit us to 3-4 wide (max)

Feel free to ask any questions or offer suggestions (to all).  I'm hoping to meet around 8 or 9 am (we will decide specifics closer to the chosen date) and shoot throughout the day.  People can come and go as they like.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Either date in June should work for me at this point in time but my schedule can change on short notice.  I'm sure I can find a few guns to bring along with me if I'm able to make it.  SR-25 ECC, Glock 20 or a 10.5" 6.8 SPC SBR.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:18:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Count one more in the interested category.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Wow 500 yards thats really awesome....stupid question how many rounds do people bring?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wow 500 yards thats really awesome....stupid question how many rounds do people bring?
View Quote

Whatever you want.  I think that honestly the higher the number of attendees, the less shooting you will do.  To me its more about the social aspect, "check out my toys", etc.  Its basically a gravel lane that doubles as the "range" and goes out to 500 yards.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#36]
When I've gone to gatherings like this before, I usually bring 600-700 rounds of 9mm. :)

FWIW, I'm a newly certified NRA RSO.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Can't do those dates, but will subscribe for future gathering.
Do you rent for donation your place for individuals?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Definitely interested, I haven't been to a HTF event in years.  Not sure of my availability, would have to be a last minute thing.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

no, i do not.  I had some people message me last year but due to liability and personal reasons we can't rent it out or hold a shoot without myself being present.

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:58:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

no, i do not.  I had some people message me last year but due to liability and personal reasons we can't rent it out or hold a shoot without myself being present.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm interested, only an hour South. I have several ar's including a newly built 20 inch with a scope (haven't shot it yet), a 22lr, and a new 10.5 inch pistol. A few handguns as well. Oh and some semi auto 12ga goodness. By that time there may even be something else finished
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#42]
To the Top!

lets plan on Saturday, June 11th for the shoot.  specific times and details to follow.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I think I can make 6/11. And I will probably have my new rifle assembled and tested by that time. :D I caught BRD at a carbine class last weekend (took class with a borrowed rifle), and I'm assembling parts to build my own. Have everything ordered except optic and a few other small bits.

:D

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Am I going to be the only one with just a pistol? lol
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't feel left out. I'd have only had a pistol otherwise.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is a big meet and greet/hang out; dont feel left out!  There will be plenty of guns to check out; feel free to grab a couple boxes of brass .223 or 5.56 and just use them in other peoples guns (if they approve which i'm fine with that).

How do you guys feel about a 9am meet time?  Heres a rough idea on what i was thinking for the day, people can come later if desired.

9am-930am: Meet and greet, fill out waivers, brief introductions....etc etc etc

9:30-11:00- Zero guns, function check (if needed), plink

11-2:30: plink, work on longer range shooting (100-500 yards), lunch as well

2:30-5- pistol and short range practice/drills, etc for those interested

5-7   Miscellaneious shooting, etc. grab dinner if desired, prep for night shoot

7-?  low light, night shoot for those interested.

This is just a very rough break up of the day.  If desired we could meet at 8 am but with sundown coming around 8:30 i think we will have plenty of time to shoot if we meet at 9.   I'm open to suggestions as well if anyone has anything they really want to do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:40:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm only about an hour away and if work allows I'd love to come shoot!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 8:40:42 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This is a big meet and greet/hang out; dont feel left out!  There will be plenty of guns to check out; feel free to grab a couple boxes of brass .223 or 5.56 and just use them in other peoples guns (if they approve which i'm fine with that).

How do you guys feel about a 9am meet time?  Heres a rough idea on what i was thinking for the day, people can come later if desired.

5-7   Miscellaneious shooting, etc. grab dinner if desired, prep for night shoot

This is just a very rough break up of the day.  If desired we could meet at 8 am but with sundown coming around 8:30 i think we will have plenty of time to shoot if we meet at 9.   I'm open to suggestions as well if anyone has anything they really want to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Timeline and plan sound perfect.  If anyone wants to run a few rounds over a chronograph to see what their actual velocity is, I'll have it along.  It's more a help for folks that may want to calculate drops out at longer distances.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Timeline and plan sound perfect.  If anyone wants to run a few rounds over a chronograph to see what their actual velocity is, I'll have it along.  It's more a help for folks that may want to calculate drops out at longer distances.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to take you up on your offer to chrony some different ammunition types.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I will tentatively be attending! I can bring a bunch of NV/Thermal demo gear for those that would be interested. Also, I'll probably bring some clone guns because they are most fun.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top