Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2016 10:37:52 PM EDT
Hopefully I'll be out of IL by next year but, in the mean time are there any real gun shows here?  I'm used to VA gun shows, where there's 400-500 tables and it takes a couple hours to wonder around...  I went to that stupid outdoors show in Rosemont a weekend or two back and well, I've seen more guns in a gun store then at that show...  

Thanks

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Stupid state?  And what do you consider "a real gun show"?   I don`t consider Illinois a stupid state, also since you hate it here we can`t wait for you to leave, and I have never been to a gun show so I wouldn`t know one from another.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hopefully I'll be out of IL by next year but, in the mean time are there any real gun shows here?  I'm used to VA gun shows, where there's 400-500 tables and it takes a couple hours to wonder around...  I went to that stupid outdoors show in Rosemont a weekend or two back and well, I've seen more guns in a gun store then at that show...  

Thanks

View Quote

Since you mention Rosemont, I assume you are in Chicago area. Best you are going to do showwise are the DuPage county and Kane county shows, typically the first and second Sundays of a month...and no, they are not like the VA shows.

Pvsashow.org
Kanesportshow.com

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
As a whole, until the waiting period is eliminated in IL, gun shows, that have guns for sale, are pretty much not going to fly.
If someone could go to a gun show, buy a firearm, from a ffl, or someone w/o a license, who wants to get rid of something they no longer want, and have a background check done, and go home
with the gun, like most other states, I think we'd see a lot more.

Right now, it is just a hassle, to buy a gun at a gun show, and then have to travel to the dealer's premises, to pick it up.
In some states, dealers travel 100 miles or more to these shows, because they can sell and have the new firearm owner take possession immediately.
That's just not practical for buyers or sellers in this state, with the onerous waiting period.

In some areas, around Chicago, politics, figure into whether certain venues are available to gun show promoters.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
DuPage was decent last time I went.....maybe 10 years ago.

Feb 7. https://gunshowtrader.com/gun-shows/wheaton-sportmans-show/
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid state?  And what do you consider "a real gun show"?   I don`t consider Illinois a stupid state, also since you hate it here we can`t wait for you to leave, and I have never been to a gun show so I wouldn`t know one from another.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Believe me, I can't WAIT to get the hell out of IL. but, it's not my choice when I leave.

BTW, I defined a "real gun show" in my first post as what I was used to in VA, here's a quote since you apparently missed it.

Quoted: I'm used to VA gun shows, where there's 400-500 tables and it takes a couple hours to wonder around...

Quoted:

The outdoor show in Rosemont is not a gun show.

I went because they advertised a gun show as part of it.  I figured there would be a smaller turn out because this is IL and not VA but, I didn't figure it would be THAT bad... Live and learn though I guess.

Quoted:
Since you mention Rosemont, I assume you are in Chicago area. Best you are going to do showwise are the DuPage county and Kane county shows, typically the first and second Sundays of a month...and no, they are not like the VA shows.

Pvashow.org
Kanesportshow.com

North Chicago but, close enough to it.  Willing to drive an hour or so easily.   I'll see if I can make one of 'em and check 'em out.  Is there an average number of tables?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As a whole, until the waiting period is eliminated in IL, gun shows, that have guns for sale, are pretty much not going to fly.
If someone could go to a gun show, buy a firearm, from a ffl, or someone w/o a license, who wants to get rid of something they no longer want, and have a background check done, and go home
with the gun, like most other states, I think we'd see a lot more.

Right now, it is just a hassle, to buy a gun at a gun show, and then have to travel to the dealer's premises, to pick it up.
In some states, dealers travel 100 miles or more to these shows, because they can sell and have the new firearm owner take possession immediately.
That's just not practical for buyers or sellers in this state, with the onerous waiting period.

In some areas, around Chicago, politics, figure into whether certain venues are available to gun show promoters.
View Quote

Ah, that makes sense.   Waiting periods are a real hassle.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Pvsashow.org claims 100 vendors and 200 tables.  Not sure about that and it does vary  from show to show. I'm probably more partial to the Kane show which claims 250 tables but ymmv.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Years ago gun shows were worth visiting, no so much now.  Everything is RARE and expensive.  More like retail extensions of businesses.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good to know! Better half is sick today but good to know where the Dupage show is as I live in Wheaton.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Good to know! Better half is sick today but good to know where the Dupage show is as I live in Wheaton.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you go DeeJ?  I haven't been to that show in so long it'd be nice to know if it is still decent.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did you go DeeJ?  I haven't been to that show in so long it'd be nice to know if it is still decent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heard from a friend it was light on vendors, but superbowl day could have had an impact.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks

View Quote

just out of curiosity what area do you live in? because i stop going to illinois show a long time ago, instead i go to indiana shows.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did not. My fiancee's been sick the past few days, and I didn't want to be gone so long. :(

I'll go the next time provided it's a day I'm not working.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Are you in the town of North Chicago, or just north side of the city?  

The gun shows in WI aren't bad.  They are mostly the Bob and Rocco events, but the one this coming weekend is just south of Milwaukee, so not a bad drive (I live in Kenosha, so...).  it's just a couple miles off 94, and has at least a few hundred tables...  I've bought lots of parts, and my 1st AR from a dealer there.

Franklin Gun Show @ Milwaukee County Sports Complex
Friday 3-8 Saturday 9-5 Sunday 9-3 Admission $7 ~ Vendor Fee $45/8' Table - (500 Tables)
6000 W. Ryan Road - Franklin, WI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top