Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 12:44:48 PM EDT
Any hunters in here receive one of these.  Seems our malfunctioning, in debt, communist leaders need another pet project.

This is a survey from the DNR asking if you would support reintroducing wolves into the state of Illinois.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#1]
As if the states not fucked up enough...

We already have Wolves coming down from Wisconsin anyways.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#2]

How about we worry about getting our small game numbers back to even 1/2 of what they were 20 years

ago before we start adding this boondoggle.  I'm sure the few livestock farmers that are left, and the deer

hunters will be thrilled too.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How about we worry about getting our small game numbers back to even 1/2 of what they were 20 years

ago before we start adding this boondoggle.  I'm sure the few livestock farmers that are left, and the deer

View Quote
Deer numbers are still low around here from the DNR killing thousands of them for that chronic wasting disease.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unless hedgerows are put back in,  and farmers revert to less profitable methods that won't ever happen. Just the way it is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Unless hedgerows are put back in,  and farmers revert to less profitable methods that won't ever happen. Just the way it is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

To many damn Coyote's for small game to come back.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm pretty sure I have already seen one in Wayne a while back on my way home from work at night...
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:29:39 AM EDT
[#7]
There was a person who lived in Wayne County in the vicinity of New Hope school who had two Wolves.  I don't remember what happened to the owner but apparently the wolves were running loose.  I saw one of them on Route 45 near the New Hope School curve, it was big.  Not sure if it could be the same as what you saw.  I've also seen a cougar in South eastern Illinois close to where I live.

The state wanting to protect wolves, bears and cougars is crazy.  People or property will eventally be hurt, I live in a very rural area.  I guess I'll have to start packing whenever I take my trash out at night.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was a person who lived in Wayne County in the vicinity of New Hope school who had two Wolves.  I don't remember what happened to the owner but apparently the wolves were running loose.  I saw one of them on Route 45 near the New Hope School curve, it was big.  Not sure if it could be the same as what you saw.  I've also seen a cougar in South eastern Illinois close to where I live.

The state wanting to protect wolves, bears and cougars is crazy.  People or property will eventally be hurt, I live in a very rural area.  I guess I'll have to start packing whenever I take my trash out at night.
View Quote

The Wayne I was talking about is a small town up up north just south of Elgin.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I guess I dropped the ball, I forgot about the town of Wayne, I've never been there but have seen the signs on Route 25 and 59.  I'll have to admit it's been several years since I used to travel that area.  Old age strikes again.   lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
interesting article here.

http://www.outdoornews.com/January-2016/At-least-one-Illinois-hunter-suspects-DNR-is-crying-wolf/
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well, I guess I dropped the ball, I forgot about the town of Wayne, I've never been there but have seen the signs on Route 25 and 59.  I'll have to admit it's been several years since I used to travel that area.  Old age strikes again.   lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries, I suffer with bouts of old age from time to time myself...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top