Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2016 3:38:39 PM EDT
I've been gone for over a decade.  Are they allowed yet?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, not yet.
View Quote

Thank you.  My MIL is visiting next week from Rockford, and I'm taking her shooting.  I want to make sure I'm familiar with updated laws there in case it becomes part of the discussion.

What is the current rule on SBRs?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully one day

We can have SBR's, currently waiting on my first stamp.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

SBRs are allowed with a C&R license. See the tacked thread at the top of the forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not yet.

Thank you.  My MIL is visiting next week from Rockford, and I'm taking her shooting.  I want to make sure I'm familiar with updated laws there in case it becomes part of the discussion.

SBRs are allowed with a C&R license. See the tacked thread at the top of the forum.

Got it.  SBRs have to be C&R eligible or you just have to have the license?  That's odd.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Got it.  SBRs have to be C&R eligible or you just have to have the license?  That's oddIllinois.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not yet.

Got it.  SBRs have to be C&R eligible or you just have to have the license?  That's oddIllinois.

FIFY.

To answer your question, though, you just have to have the license to get one.  It's the way the law is worded, and lots of people here have taken advantage of it.

(Edited for a typing fail.)
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it would be safe to say Suppressors will never be legal here unless the gun lobbyists get money, They seem to only be worried about CCL and now that, that has passed there is no concern.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Got it.  SBRs have to be C&R eligible or you just have to have the license?  That's odd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not yet.

Have to have the license, OAL must be 26" or more, and from the ATF inspector when my buddy got his 01 FFL it has to be in the C&R bound book since you need the license to posses it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have to have the license, OAL must be 26" or more, and from the ATF inspector when my buddy got his 01 FFL it has to be in the C&R bound book since you need the license to posses it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not yet.

First ive ever heard of bound book.  Ive had my c&R and I dont even have a bound book.  No interest in anything curio or relics, just got it to find out my cleo wont sign off
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

First ive ever heard of bound book.  Ive had my c&R and I dont even have a bound book.  No interest in anything curio or relics, just got it to find out my cleo wont sign off
View Quote
CLEO sign off won't be an issue in a few more months.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:00:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just because you haven't heard anything publicly doesn't mean it isn't being worked on behind the scenes.

Sausage and politics as they say...supressors are a few years out, but it is being worked on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it would be safe to say Suppressors will never be legal here unless the gun lobbyists get money, They seem to only be worried about CCL and now that, that has passed there is no concern.

Just because you haven't heard anything publicly doesn't mean it isn't being worked on behind the scenes.

Sausage and politics as they say...supressors are a few years out, but it is being worked on.

I hope you're right!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not yet.

ATF inspector is wrong. Bound book is a federal requirement, not state. It doesn't make any sense having non-C&R items on your C&R bound book. Just because Illinois requires you to have the license, it doesn't mean you have to keep it on the book.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully, someday- suppressors, conceal carry while hunting, centerfire rifles for deer hunting, in Illinois.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#16]
While you do need an ffl to have an sbr, and yes a c&r does qualify,  the sbr does not have to be c&r. Yeah I know, makes no sense.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top