BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I certainly didn't complain.  I was expecting to be darted.
View Quote
Surprised they didn't have a LE objection since you're in Crook Co.

Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#2]
No one was more surprised than I. I saw envelope from the ISP and thought it was going to be a 30 day letter the CCLRB even though I was showing as active on the ISP dashboard. This is Illinois after all.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Valinda and I have been very supportive of ISP in their roll out of CC.  There have been several bumps in the road but, they have often times worked with us to address those issues.  They haven't always gotten it right but, it is our feeling that they have tried.  The new Governor helped but they were mostly trying to do the right thing even under the previous ilk.
There are some folks there that are appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 11:32:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
When will Illinois allow reciprocity with neighboring states for CCW?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:18:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much going to require a slight change in language of the law...Substantially similar is the sticking point.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pretty much going to require a slight change in language of the law...Substantially similar is the sticking point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going to have to be a major change, as "substantially similar" isn't about reciprocity. There is no reciprocity or recognition possible without a new section of the law, other than the existing limited in-vehicle carry provision for non-residents.

The "substantially similar" clause is used via tortured and torturous regulatory interpretation to deny the ability of most non-residents to even apply for an IL license.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Going to have to be a major change, as "substantially similar" isn't about reciprocity. There is no reciprocity or recognition possible without a new section of the law, other than the existing limited in-vehicle carry provision for non-residents.

The "substantially similar" clause is used via tortured and torturous regulatory interpretation to deny the ability of most non-residents to even apply for an IL license.
View Quote

You're correct.  Reciprocity is so far from reality, I squirreled it up with non-resident applications.  

I know from previous CC bills that we wrote, the substantially similar part was to apply to reciprocity...The Madigan crew kept the wording but applied it to non-resident applications which makes NO sense since non-residents are required to meet the EXACT same requirements as IL residents!  It shouldn't matter what the requirements are in their home state!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top