Posted: 11/27/2015 5:24:56 PM EDT
half of my picture is gone.

Who do i contact?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that the way you received it?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:36:53 PM EDT
[#2]
While helping out at a local gun shop, I have seen several FOID cards where the picture just faded off of the card, leaving a grey square.

Contact the FOID Illinois State Police Firearms Services Bureau, if you can get thru to them and get yourself a new FOID card.

217-782-7980

Good luck.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 12:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While helping out at a local gun shop, I have seen several FOID cards where the picture just faded off of the card, leaving a grey square.

Contact the FOID Illinois State Police Firearms Services Bureau, if you can get thru to them and get yourself a new FOID card.

217-782-7980

Good luck.
View Quote

They'll get you a duplicate card without having you go through the normal renewal process and fee?  If so, that's good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Lately I have seen some goofy looking FOID cards. The picture is there but there are lines through the picture and most of them are faded. This is with new cards. Since opening my shop it is amazing the variances of FOID card conditions.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 5:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I just looked at my FOID  after reading this, it appears that  these pictures tend to fade over time.  I got my drivers license and FOID card both renewed at about the same time and my drivers license is in  good shape, and my FOID is almost faded.  They`er supposed to use your drivers license pictures, but I don`t think the process in making the FOIDs are the same as the drivers license. Although I got both renewed real close to each other I got my drivers license right after I got my FOID card so my FOID has the picture from my last drivers license, but I don`t know if that matters or if has to do with the process they use to make the cards. The picture on my last FOID was in real bad shape by the time I renewed.   Unless I`m wrong on the picture thing up to the time I renewed you still had to mail in a picture with the application, and I was told by somebody at that time they were using drivers license pictures.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lately I have seen some goofy looking FOID cards. The picture is there but there are lines through the picture and most of them are faded. This is with new cards. Since opening my shop it is amazing the variances of FOID card conditions.
View Quote

Since my kids are too young to drive  (or they were when they got their foid cards ) the ISP had to use the picture we sent in. They are so washed out on the card it's hard to tell it's a picture of a person  let alone who.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
For all I know they did use the picture I sent in,  the guy who took my picture at Walgreens told me,  he may not have known what he was talking about. I personally would like to see how the drivers licenses and FOID cards are made.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
No had it for couple years.  the coating pulled off with picture
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top