Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 3:57:54 PM EDT
I want to go on one last camping trip before winter and when  I was little I was told you could camp in caves down in southern IL.   anyone have some info?  thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to go on one last camping trip before winter and when  I was little I was told you could camp in caves down in southern IL.   anyone have some info?  thanks!
View Quote

I don't know of any caves on public land that would allow it. There are some in the Alton area along the riverfront that we used to have all night keg parties in. Unfortunately they have recently fenced or filled all the entrances and I think police patrol pretty regularly. They weren't actual caves but massive abandoned limestone mines. I've never heard of anybody cave camping unless you count passing out in one after one too many keg stands.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:14:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Why would anybody want to camp inside a cave?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I consider myself a pretty astute observer of the human condition and after years of study I've concluded that some people seem to like different things than I do. It's weird, but I'm convinced it's true.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
But that doesn`t answer my question as to why someone would camp inside a cave.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 1:50:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
But that doesn`t answer my question as to why someone would camp inside a cave.
View Quote

Not sure why you'd want to camp outside.  I have this thing called a house I camp in.  It keeps me dry and cool/warm, which ever I need.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

So the OP can have his own Man Cave
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
just looking for a rock out cropping / cave for a nice warm fire ect
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top