Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2015 2:27:20 PM EDT
I originally saw this on the Railmishaps group on Yahoo.
https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150929/boystown/men-puncture-victims-eardrum-boystown-rob-2-on-blue-line-authorities

made the link hot for you - Roadhawk
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
It's only a matter of time before somebody says "hell with it", carries on the train and does a Bernie Goetz.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#2]
we need a good case like this to challenge the law and get the ban on public transportation removed.
Seems to me like it hurts the poorest and most vulnerable people.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 11:21:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:46:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What? Allow non-whites to carry guns?

https://youtu.be/_occ3PRpYGc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
we need a good case like this to challenge the law and get the ban on public transportation removed. Seems to me like it hurts the poorest and most vulnerable people.

What? Allow non-whites to carry guns?

https://youtu.be/_occ3PRpYGc

Hey now, I used to be inclined to ride Amtrak to see the countryside...  But now that I have CCW, and carry almost constantly, I'm not going anyplace where I cant, which includes Amtrak.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
When I was a student at UIC, we would get crime alerts when students got assaulted near our campus. The Blue Line has three stops at UIC, one near Halsted, one near Racine, and one near Damen. There were alerts about robberies or assaults on the Blue Line at least every few weeks and that's just current students near the University who actually reported the violation to campus police. Everyone I know has seen at lease some shit go down on the Blue Line. IMHO its the one place in the city I want to carry.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
we need a good case like this to challenge the law and get the ban on public transportation removed. Seems to me like it hurts the poorest and most vulnerable people.
View Quote

I agree. I ride PACE at least once a week.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both that and the costs of obtaining a license (ammo, training, class, actual license) seemed like, if it were anything else, good and proper ACLU fodder.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Both that and the costs of obtaining a license (ammo, training, class, actual license) seemed like, if it were anything else, good and proper ACLU fodder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In this case, FACLU.

Google ACLU 2nd Amendment and you'll find this.  I'm not posting the link here.

Second Amendment

Gun Control
Updated: 1/17/2013

The Second Amendment provides: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ACLU POSITION
Given the reference to "a well regulated Militia" and "the security of a free State," the ACLU has long taken the position that the Second Amendment protects a collective right rather than an individual right. For seven decades, the Supreme Court's 1939 decision in United States v. Miller was widely understood to have endorsed that view. This position is currently under review and is being updated by the ACLU National Board in light of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in D.C. v. Heller in 2008.

In striking down Washington D.C.'s handgun ban by a 5-4 vote, the Supreme Court's decision in D.C. v. Heller held for the first time that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, whether or not associated with a state militia. The ACLU disagrees with the Supreme Court's conclusion about the nature of the right protected by the Second Amendment. However, particular federal or state laws on licensing, registration, prohibition, or other regulation of the manufacture, shipment, sale, purchase or possession of guns may raise civil liberties questions.

ANALYSIS
Although ACLU policy cites the Supreme Court's decision in U.S. v. Miller as support for our position on the Second Amendment, our policy was never dependent on Miller. Rather, like all ACLU policies, it reflects the ACLU's own understanding of the Constitution and civil liberties.

Heller takes a different approach than the ACLU has advocated. At the same time, it leaves many unresolved questions, including what firearms are protected by the Second Amendment, what regulations (short of an outright ban) may be upheld, and how that determination will be made.

Those questions will, presumably, be answered over time.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason I haven't got mine yet is because it's so damn expensive. I just can't afford it right now. Really is bullshit that they put the most disadvantaged at the highest risk. People really need to wake up and see who they are really hurting with these policies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top