User Panel

Link Posted: 9/22/2015 7:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Rahm was saying today when he presented his new budget that if he doesn't get the huge property tax increase he wants, 1 out of every 5 cop will be laid off and half of the firehouses will be closed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 9:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Second City Cop blog post on the admin employees going on the streets.

Link
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:23:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do they have another 300 plus cars just sitting there ready for these officers to hit the street?  I see the problem as being greater than what the any police force can solve.  Yet they are the ones blamed for the violence.

To me this is a disaster big enough to call in the National Guard.  Even that is reacting to the end of the problem and not preventing it in the first place.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Do they have another 300 plus cars just sitting there ready for these officers to hit the street?  I see the problem as being greater than what the any police force can solve.  Yet they are the ones blamed for the violence.

To me this is a disaster big enough to call in the National Guard.  Even that is reacting to the end of the problem and not preventing it in the first place.

No extra cars, as far as I can tell. The SCC blog has been reporting issues with not enough cars in good repair for some time.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link

Probably not, but they do have these things called "shoes"
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Teach them how to shoot better and get the body count higher. The more hood rats gone the better as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
The real reason is due to cook county.  Tom dart the sheriff has made the jail a 5 star hotel where criminals get access to free cable, chess matches, yoga classes, basketball tournaments, hair solon trips to local beauty shops for transgenders, pizza classes, pizza parties, and freedom to even throw cum and shit to female deputies without charges.
Judges are to blame also. Criminals go in for a murder and see less than 5 years. Child molesters and rapist see only a year in stateville and will violate another citizen.  Drug dealers get light sentences and say they were addicted to the product they were in possession.  God forbid you dont pay your tickets you will see more time than a rapist.

If we stop voting for these liberal cronnies then things will change.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Tax increases, crime........let's spend money on a park!       You got to love it.   Let's tax suburban workers 10 dollars a day.  (You think companies won't move out of the city?). How do you fix stupid?
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Only way to fix stupid is to kill it, eradication, extermination, whatever you want to call it. Too bad it's illegal.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Are they doing anything to slow this stuff down?  I just read where they took over 300 officers off desk duty and put them in high crime areas.  It doesn't really seem to doing anything.  The gangs just keep shooting.

I sometimes peruse some of the gangbanger's Facebook pages.  There is one kid who was jailed for a gun charge from December 2014 until mid August.  He was released on home confinement with one of the ankle monitors.  This week he posted a video of him cutting the thing off his ankle.  These guys just don't care.  It's either the streets, jail, or the cemetary, they don't really care what happens to them.

I understand that this is not only a law enforcement issue.  The problem starts with the breakdown of families, kids not being raised correctly, etc.  The schools are like a free for all where very limited learning takes place.  The limited education leads to limited job opportunities.  Selling drugs is the best living they can make and the wars start.  I'm sure it's much mor complex than that but those are a few of the big issues.

The reverends Jessie and Al are nowhere to be found.  It just seems everyone blames law enforcement when an army is needed to root these bastards out.

The problem seems to be growing and I don't see how it can be stopped.
View Quote

I drop one of my employees of on 16th and Pulaski.  There are officers EVERYWHERE.  I don't know what else cpd can do.  There are so many officers, that it makes ME nervous.  To be honest, clever people will always find away around the system.  I don't know if the officers on the street are stopping crime...OR...things would have been far worse if they were not there.  Only time will tell.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top