Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2015 4:20:57 AM EDT
My oldest will be 21 next June. Can he take the training now at 20 and apply the moment he turns 21 ?

Is there a time limit the class is ggod for ? I suspect not but you never know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Road Hawk is right.
At this point, the training doesn't expire.  However, there is a proposed ISP rule, that we have opposed, stating that trainig expires after a year.  I don't think this rule will survive.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:50:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Road Hawk is right.
At this point, the training doesn't expire.  However, there is a proposed ISP rule, that we have opposed, stating that trainig expires after a year.  I don't think this rule will survive.
View Quote

Having a rule that training expires after 5 years would be reasonable, but definitely not 1 year.  Until all parties involved in discussing the rule agree, there should not be an expiration date for training.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]
As far as I know, yes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 2:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't see a problem with that.  SwanHunter should be along sometime later and he can probably give you the answer.

That's very good of you to encourage your son.  He must be a fine, responsible young man.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My oldest will be 21 next June. Can he take the training now at 20 and apply the moment he turns 21 ?

Is there a time limit the class is god for ? I suspect not but you never know.

I don't see a problem with that.  SwanHunter should be along sometime later and he can probably give you the answer.

That's very good of you to encourage your son.  He must be a fine, responsible young man.

I would have to say I'm one of the luckiest men alive in terms on how my sons turned out.

The oldest one I'm talking about here, just finished an accelerated course to become a veterinarian. Well not a full vet but like a PA for animals. He can do just about everything but prescribe certain drugs and operate without supervision.  He graduated valedictorian too.

He has worked for years at a raptor wildlife rescue. Some of his experience includes being kicked by an Emu, having his bluejeans ripped by a Eagle. That one made mine draw up as it was all the way though and about 2 inches below his crotch. He said it was his fault as he missed the capture.

He has also been hit in the back of the head by a full grown Bald Eagle. His eye sight was very poor after an accident. he located him in the flight cage, looked down to pick up a harness and it was that fast.  He says the Eagle didn't mean to harm him but just didn't see him. I asked how he knew that. He said because my head is still attached. he was completly rolled and ended up on his back. He sat up and the bird was sitting next to him looking like what the hell.

In any case he is cool and level headed. He has been shooting for many years and is good at it. More importantly he would rather avoid trouble if at all possible.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 8:38:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is there a time limit the class is ggod for ? I suspect not but you never know.
View Quote
I did have some 20 year olds in my classes once or thrice. There is no expiration on the training, and there is no requirement from the Illinois State Police in regards to training age. INfact you don't even need a FOID to train for your Illinois Concealed Carry License. However some instructors have placed their own training requirements so it is important to discuss with your instructor before signing up for a class.

Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
This is the proposed rule pertaining to training certificate expiration:

Section 1231.50 Training Certification
"i) Training Certification forms, including those for renewal applications, may be used as proof of training for one year after the date of issuance."
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 6:47:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Still proposed at this time. I have written to the ISP about these proposed rules.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Still proposed at this time. I have written to the ISP about these proposed rules.
View Quote

What is the deadline for you and Swan Hunter to stop some of the proposed rules?
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 6:37:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is the deadline for you and Swan Hunter to stop some of the proposed rules?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

WRITTEN complaints must be sent to the Illinois State Police no later than September 18th. However the proposed rules must be approved by JCAR so after that we will have to start to hammer JCAR.  

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:20:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Plenty of students before they turn 21.  Its not a problem yet.

Rocco
Link Posted: 9/19/2015 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
WRITTEN complaints must be sent to the Illinois State Police no later than September 18th. However the proposed rules must be approved by JCAR so after that we will have to start to hammer JCAR.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 18th has passed.

Good Luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top