Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2015 3:37:43 PM EDT
Are there any instructors that you recommend to teach CCW or basic handgun classes to women?  My wife and her friend are interested more for the education than carry at this point.  Her experience level is low and I want this to be a positive learning experience for her.  She enjoys shooting 22 rifles and the AR, but is still trying to get comfortable with the handgun.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a chapter leader for a ladies only shooting group called The Well Armed Woman Metro East Illinois Shooting Chapter. We meet once a month at Town and Country Gun Club in Maryville. We cover an hour or so of educational time and an hour of range time once a month.

That being said, I also run ladies only firearms classes once a quarter or so, as well as normally have at least one lady in all my firearms classes. Our classes are small which allows for more one on one instruction.  If you want to PM me I can give you more info on my classes and The Well Armed Woman

Link Posted: 6/12/2015 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Valinda & I are doing a Ladies Only Basic Pistol in Evansville, IN next Sat...Would be quite a drive for you...Clear across IL on 64
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Shooter's in Columbia, IL.  They do a VERY good class that has lots of women in it.  You won't be ogled.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am a chapter leader for a ladies only shooting group called The Well Armed Woman Metro East Illinois Shooting Chapter. We meet once a month at Town and Country Gun Club in Maryville. We cover an hour or so of educational time and an hour of range time once a month.

That being said, I also run ladies only firearms classes once a quarter or so, as well as normally have at least one lady in all my firearms classes. Our classes are small which allows for more one on one instruction.  If you want to PM me I can give you more info on my classes and The Well Armed Woman

View Quote

I can vouch for Kdj, she is an excellent trainer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seconded. I went through one of her and her husband's first IL CCW classes and they both do a great job.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I live near shooters, and am happy with the business that I have done with them.  I'm not sure my wife will handle the smoke very well though.  I will give Kdj a message when our summer schedule calms down.  Thanks for all of the replies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top