Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2015 12:56:44 AM EDT
Getting board with the poking holes in paper at the range. Is there any place around Chicago, up to 2 Hours away, that has a more dynamic shooting range/course/class and how much if you know.

Pistol or Rifle.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:39:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Aurora Sportsman's Club.

http://www.aurorasc.org
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
The Aurora Sportsman’s Club Action Shooting Sports team offers a few different events that might fit your needs.

Check us out here;

http://aurorascpr.org/shooting-disciplines/

-Practical Rifle (Competition/Skills)
-Got Ammo 3Gun at Aurora Sportsmen's Club (Competition)
-Practical Precision Rifle (Competition/Skills)
-2-Gun Tactical (Skills)

Feel free to IM me with any questions.

Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Theres also the secret squirrel range in Racine.

ASC is a great range, once you get certified to draw from the holster, use the 600, etc.  Some RO's have a nasty habit of stalking anyone shooting a scary looking firearm.  The fees are also absurd.  You'll have yearly dues, assessment fees, and if you bring people to the range they're required to have wristbands, that you pay for.

The facility is nice, but they act like they are the only game in town and treat people like it too.  If Racine isn't too far, let me know.  It costs about 10% what ASC does, but there are less individual ranges set up and they like to rent out the good ones during the week to LE agencies and as of this time there is no end in sight for the LE issue.

In short, shooting around here sucks.  There is little competition to any of them, they know it, and they act accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Aurora Sportsman’s Club Action Shooting Sports team offers a few different events that might fit your needs.

Check us out here;

-2-Gun Tactical (Skills)

View Quote

I plan on joining. I wish it wasnt $560 to join though. $280 initiation and $280 yearly if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#5]
mchenry has one, its indoor and not very long range but its inside so you can go all year around and until midnight, has a monthly membership fee paid monthly

You can shoot rifle or pistol

http://www.alpharange.com/

If you want more info let me know I'm a member there
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Both Tri-County Gun Club in Polo and Oak Park Sportsmen's Club in Plainfield have multi-gun matches several times a year.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 9:49:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also looking for an outdoor place near me , maybe an hour from ( Bridgeport / Whitesox area ) me. I just wanna be outside & shoot at longer distance with my 22lr american rimfire rifles , shoot 12g out of my remy's & do alittle faster shooting with my handguns

WIthout breaking the bank………..
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Both Tri-County Gun Club in Polo and Oak Park Sportsmen's Club in Plainfield have multi-gun matches several times a year.
View Quote

OPSC matches are open to the public.

1st 90 shooters to sign up online.

1st Sunday is IDPA

Have to be IDPA member to get scores posted.

2nd Sunday is USPSA

www.opscactionpistol.com
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:47:24 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping for a place with out Dues, but i don't think one exists around here.

So Aurora Sportsman club is its. And there fees for a majority of there "classes" seams reasonable.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I plan on joining. I wish it wasnt $560 to join though. $280 initiation and $280 yearly if I remember correctly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check us out here;

-2-Gun Tactical (Skills)

I am not sure about what first year costs are now as my first year was a long time ago. However the established member rate is $280 dues + $180 assessment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
mchenry has one, its indoor and not very long range but its inside so you can go all year around and until midnight, has a monthly membership fee paid monthly

You can shoot rifle or pistol

http://www.alpharange.com/

If you want more info let me know I'm a member there

View Quote

Best indoor range with lot of steel. Steep price though but membership is capped and you reserve everything ahead of time.
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 8:10:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Theres also the secret squirrel range in Racine.

ASC is a great range, once you get certified to draw from the holster, use the 600, etc.  Some RO's have a nasty habit of stalking anyone shooting a scary looking firearm.  The fees are also absurd.  You'll have yearly dues, assessment fees, and if you bring people to the range they're required to have wristbands, that you pay for.

The facility is nice, but they act like they are the only game in town and treat people like it too.  If Racine isn't too far, let me know.  It costs about 10% what ASC does, but there are less individual ranges set up and they like to rent out the good ones during the week to LE agencies and as of this time there is no end in sight for the LE issue.

In short, shooting around here sucks.  There is little competition to any of them, they know it, and they act accordingly.
View Quote
website?

Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm also looking for an outdoor place near me , maybe an hour from ( Bridgeport / Whitesox area ) me. I just wanna be outside & shoot at longer distance with my 22lr american rimfire rifles , shoot 12g out of my remy's & do alittle faster shooting with my handguns

WIthout breaking the bank………..
View Quote

ISRA range in Bonfield. Nice facility but only paper for the time being
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#14]
We will be shooting steel reactive targets in our Defensive Pistol on June 7th.

Blackflagtraining.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top