Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2015 2:55:39 PM EDT
I understand there is a bill SB1858 that would ban ivory in Illinois, and the usual Democrat suspects are involved
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#1]
IVORY SOAP??
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:03:55 PM EDT
[#3]
so  you cant  sell old   piano's
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#4]
They added an exemption for certain firearms, antiques, and musical instruments. I don't care for the wording however.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Another BS, feel good, do nothing, load of crap from the People's Republic of Chikago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another BS, feel good, do nothing, load of crap from the People's Republic of Chikago.
View Quote
Chiraq, Madigastan.

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I just don`t like the idea of this ban period. Banning ivory really will not solve the poaching problem in Africa.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:56:14 AM EDT
[#9]
So, as long as I don't 'intend' to sell it, it's legal?  wtf?  So, let me go to any other state in the union, buy it, bring it back, then go to another state and sell it.

WTF does this accomplish, other than another useless law on the books?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So, as long as I don't 'intend' to sell it, it's legal?  wtf?  So, let me go to any other state in the union, buy it, bring it back, then go to another state and sell it.

WTF does this accomplish, other than another useless law on the books?
View Quote
You answered your own question. Another useless law on the books. Actually, more than likely someone is pleasing one of their donors who wants to save the elephants or something.

I did not know there was an ivory problem in Illinois. Poachers be darned!

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Unless your talking mastodons, oh wait they`er extinct.  This is just more feel good crap from the truly stupid.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Trying to make elephants endangered.  Only place they're at risk is where they are not hunted (go figure), so let's stop them being hunted (anywhere).  Then we can protect them, because they'll be endangered.  *poof* we're relevant again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#13]
are we going to panic buy ivory now?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 12:10:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
are we going to panic buy ivory now?
View Quote

Nah, it's just a state thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top