BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#1]
SHOULD RENAME

COOK COUNT JAIL AFTER HIM,CLOSER TO THE TRUE BARRY
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Posturing for Apr 7.  Scumbag will say anything to get votes.  Chewee is no better.  Glad I'm in Will county
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Is Rahm Emanuel really this stupid?

"We have to, in some way, whether it’s President Obama or in the other case, Dr. Brazier, acknowledge people who have done significant things. We have an airport, two of them, named after, you know, Midway Airport, O’Hare Airport,” Emanuel said. “These are people who have been transformative in the city of Chicago. But we have airports named after battleships.
View Quote

WTF, did Chicago elect Dan Quayle?  Ok, I don't expect that everybody would know the origin of the airport names, but please don't make shit up for a sound bite.  At least the article went on to explain the origin of the names.

Obama International Airport...
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd rather have Capone Airport than Obama Airport if we need to look for famous Chicagoans.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:18:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would rather they name something after Aaron Montgomery Ward, or Marshall Field.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#6]
This is crazy talk.  O`Hare is named after a fighter pilot, what airport is named after a battleship?  Obama airport???  Maybe in crazy town. I`m going to give a few rounds here from a beltfed to Emmanual the dumbass.

This will happen only when hell freezes over.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I think they should name a  Sewage Treatment Plant   after him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is crazy talk.  O`Hare is named after a fighter pilot, what airport is named after a battleship?  Obama airport???  Maybe in crazy town. I`m going to give a few rounds here from a beltfed to Emmanual the dumbass.

This will happen only when hell freezes over.

View Quote

I think he tinks its named after the aircraft  carrier "midway" but its named after the battle of midway I believe

eta:   In July 1949 the airport was renamed after the Battle of Midway.[9] That year Midway saw 3.2 million passengers; passengers peaked at 10 million in 1959.[11] The diagram on the January 1951 C&GS approach chart shows four parallel pairs of runways, all 4240 ft or less except for 5730-ft runway 13R and 5230-ft runway 4R. Airport diagram for 1959
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Rahm acts more and more like his hero every day, doesn't he? "Facts" that aren't, character assassination; the truth is that this little guy is where Obama learned a lot of his tactics.

Larry
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:47:47 PM EDT
[#10]
As it turns out Emmanuel has decided not name an airport after Obama, and yes Midway airport was named after the battle.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
All flights route through Kenya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top