Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2015 11:05:09 AM EDT
Is there anything like this in Illinois? Seems like it would be a good way to meet women who have similar interests
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of anything like that around here. On the one hand, I think it's a great idea. On the other hand, I don't think the turn out would be what you're hoping for

I still find it strange how few women I see on the gun range. When I do, it's always with a guy, and usually sharing a lane.

Have a female friend from work that I got into shooting. Came to a class with me, bought herself a 22, and is saving up for a 9mm. Every time we go to the range we have to explain that we're not sharing a lane. She has her own range bag and everything, but it's like it's a foreign concept for the counter guy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of anything like that around here. On the one hand, I think it's a great idea. On the other hand, I don't think the turn out would be what you're hoping for

I still find it strange how few women I see on the gun range. When I do, it's always with a guy, and usually sharing a lane.

Have a female friend from work that I got into shooting. Came to a class with me, bought herself a 22, and is saving up for a 9mm. Every time we go to the range we have to explain that we're not sharing a lane. She has her own range bag and everything, but it's like it's a foreign concept for the counter guy.
View Quote

Shade, that's funny! I do see a fair number of women at my range.

I had a funny experience a couple of months ago. Took a guy friend shooting. He'd done a lot of research on his own, but was quite the noob and wanted to try out my two 9mm pistols. All five other lanes on our side of the pistol range (on a busy Saturday morning) had guys teaching women to shoot, but I was teaching a guy. We had a big chuckle about it.

OP, go to the range on a regular basis and look for the women shooting by themselves. There aren't a ton of us, but we do exist.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
ASC rents out a range every now and then to Highlife Adventures (IIRC, however it might have been one of their competitors).

So you might want to look in to those places too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
our new range has gunpowder and glitter (ladies nights) once or twice a month
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top