Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2015 10:12:29 AM EDT
I've been to Chicago twice on business so far this year and am scheduled for another trip April 19-April 26.  The first two trips were pretty much just me bouncing around in a rental car with no GPS, looking for something to do with my evenings.  I found Rush and State streets, the Shedd Aquarium, Wicker Park and some damn fine pizza, but I know there's more out there--any ideas would be appreciated, a tour guide would be even better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you'd like to meet another Arfcom gal,  let me know.  I work on the west side of  O'Hare,  so I'm not far from Rosemont.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you'd like to meet another Arfcom gal,  let me know.  I work on the west side of  O'Hare,  so I'm not far from Rosemont.

View Quote
museum of science and industry is a must see!

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
museum of science and industry is a must see!
View Quote

Thanks, looks fantastic.  If it's anything like the museums in DC, I'll need a couple of trips to see everything in there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 5:48:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Marie--Thanks, I'll get in touch before I head out that way.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like a call for an arfcom dinner.  One of the famous all talk no shoot endulgences in food and alcohol.  As much as the good people of Illinois try to avoid the area you're describing, I'm sure the hive could bear it.

I should mention I'm single, and still restrained myself from pouncing on the opportunity to play guide/chauffer/bodyguard.  So proud of myself
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Skip the bean(overrated)  and visit the art institute.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds like a call for an arfcom dinner.  One of the famous all talk no shoot endulgences in food and alcohol.  As much as the good people of Illinois try to avoid the area you're describing, I'm sure the hive could bear it.

I should mention I'm single, and still restrained myself from pouncing on the opportunity to play guide/chauffer/bodyguard.  So proud of myself
View Quote

I'm up for dinner/lunch in the burbs,  but there's no way I'm going into the city.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dinner sounds like fun.  Marie's right--not downtown--too much traffic and I try to pay the thirty-some dollars for parking there only if I'm spending the day.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:24:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Pequods for the pizza in Chicago. I suggest one thin and one deep dish!

Portillos for a combo sammich dipped in gravy and smothered in hot peppers. for dessert I suggest the chocolate cake shake! aka death by chocolate!

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dinner sounds like fun.  Marie's right--not downtown--too much traffic and I try to pay the thirty-some dollars for parking there only if I'm spending the day.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's definitely plenty to eat around Rosemont.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#11]
If you are in Rosemont, the CTA Blue line will get you downtown.  

I work in the west loop. I know there are a few others who work downtown.

Perhaps there could be a downtown HTF meet up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:07:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The whole rosemont area was just redone, there is that area right by the hotels that has toby keith's bar and grill, theaters, and a few more clubs all in one.  Took the wife there a while ago, it was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 8:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I could take you out to the ISRA range in Bonfield or the Oak Park Sportsman Club in Plainfield for some range time.  IM me if interested.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The whole rosemont area was just redone, there is that area right by the hotels that has toby keith's bar and grill, theaters, and a few more clubs all in one.  Took the wife there a while ago, it was pretty cool.
View Quote

That area is close enough to walk to.  I checked out the Captial Grille near there and the Something Tavern or Tavern Something the last time I was in town.  Both were great.  What's with the indoor skydiving right there?  Is that worth doing?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That area is close enough to walk to.  I checked out the Captial Grille near there and the Something Tavern or Tavern Something the last time I was in town.  Both were great.  What's with the indoor skydiving right there?  Is that worth doing?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

meh.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worth it.. But buy passes at Costco at $39 instead of paying $70 as a walk in.

I (and my wife possibly) could be up for a HTF meet for some beers and BS if enough people are interested.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 4:11:15 AM EDT
[#17]

It's worth it.. But buy passes at Costco at $39 instead of paying $70 as a walk in.

I (and my wife possibly) could be up for a HTF meet for some beers and BS if enough people are interested.
View Quote

I'm coming in on Sunday the 19th.  That evening might be a good time to get together.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:25:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-HyjQAlElvcQ/TqrJ1rydyYI/AAAAAAAAFxQ/ja5uCpCqYCc/s320/IMG_4516.JPG

Pequods for the pizza in Chicago. I suggest one thin and one deep dish!

http://chicago.seriouseats.com/images/2013/08/20130826-263916-giardiniera-sandwiches-johnnies-italian-beef.jpg

I love Portillos.

Portillos for a combo sammich dipped in gravy and smothered in hot peppers. for dessert I suggest the chocolate cake shake! aka death by chocolate!

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm coming in on Sunday the 19th.  That evening might be a good time to get together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a good date for me.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Don't forget the Field Museum.  If you don't like it, Shedd is right there too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the tip! GF and I are going to do a "stay-cation" for our 6 month anniversary and I'm interested in checking it out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks for the tip! GF and I are going to do a "stay-cation" for our 6 month anniversary and I'm interested in checking it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Six month anniversary?? is that a record or something?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indoor skydiving for an anniversary date?  Hmmm, is skydiving a metaphor for taking the plunge?

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Indoor skydiving for an anniversary date?  Hmmm, is skydiving a metaphor for taking the plunge?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahem, which "plunge?" If you mean what you think I mean, I've done that already.

/threadjack
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I am right outside rosemont but not sure how much my wife would like me showing gals around.  

Not much to do if you ask me. Leave Illinois as quickly as possible.

For what it is worth I no longer visit the rosemont amusement area since rosemont has declared that entire area  GFZ, to spite the law. Not that I would carry there since it's all bars anyways, but I prefer to vote with my dollars. I'll take my drinking money elsewhere and encourage any gun loving individual to do the same.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ahem, which "plunge?" If you mean what you think I mean, I've done that already.

/threadjack
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/threadjack

If you mean what he meant, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#27]
The indoor diving is fun, but  real skydiving  is much better.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:10:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/threadjack

That's not for another year or more.  However, the other plunge, well I've done that but I want to keep it PG-13.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That's not for another year or more.  However, the other plunge, well I've done that but I want to keep it PG-13.
View Quote

For the record, I meant proposing to your GF, not COC-violation worthy material. But after the /threadjack I didn't comment back.
/threadjack_2

Anyway, DesertGuns, are you here in Chicagoland?  How's it going for you?  Hope you're having fun in this lovely, balmy springtime weather we're having.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:16:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

For the record, I meant proposing to your GF, not COC-violation worthy material. But after the /threadjack I didn't comment back.
/threadjack_2

Anyway, DesertGuns, are you here in Chicagoland?  How's it going for you?  Hope you're having fun in this lovely, balmy springtime weather we're having.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/threadjack_2

PM sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top