Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 7:16:45 PM EDT
One of my foster dogs, The Dude has a potentially great home. He is a small, probably pit bull mix. The problem is geography. I'm in Kentucky and The Dude needs a ride to Washington state. Flying is out. Land based per courier is prohibitively expensive.

Sooo...I'm taking a long shot here.  I'm hoping to find an RVer, long haul trucker, vacationer or a trans continental wanderer that might be travelling anywhere near the Midwest to the northwest. Get us close and I'll figure out the rest. I'm not rich but will kick in some gas $$$, Semper Fi Dog Rescue stickers for your gun safe or car, tons of good karma and internet fame.

He is 42 lbs. absolutely a sweet heart and great in the car. (~14 hrs from the gulf to me, no kennel box, no problems). The timing is up to you but I have 2 Arfcom teenagers on the receiving end waiting for their dog. Thank you for considering, Joker1

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh man, I'm on a project right now through the end of March, otherwise I'd be up for a road trip.

Consider this a bump then.

And best of luck wishes.

Semper Fi.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Try U-Ship.  They work like a match making service between rides and loads.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump for a dog, and a good cause. Looks like this is all about getting a driver across southern IL--any crew willing to do it?

GD thread http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1723650_My_buddy_needs_a_cross_country_ride__Semper_Fi_Dog_Rescue__help___KY_andgt_WA_Possibly_3_26_to_29th.html&page=2&anc=52361260#i52361260

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a friend coming in from Washington (near the coast) around the end of the month. If you were able to get the dog up to northern IL he perhaps might help. I'd have to run it by him of course and would need more details.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a friend coming in from Washington (near the coast) around the end of the month. If you were able to get the dog up to northern IL he perhaps might help. I'd have to run it by him of course and would need more details.
View Quote

Now just to be clear, Washington state? He's driving?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:16:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top