Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2015 8:20:03 PM EDT
I sold a 30rd Beretta pistol magazine via a GunBroker auction.  I typically use the "Can we ship this to you" function on Cheaperthandirt's website to verify that the magazine is legal where the buyer lives.  In this particular case, the buyer lives in Skokie, IL.  The zip code is 60076.  CTD's website indicates that the magazine can't be shipped to that location.  Is CTD correct or not?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/7-C89282
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I would leave it up yo the buyer.  Put it in the post that by purchasing, the buyer is stating it is legal to own.  Cook county has all kind of restrictions.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
The risk, however minimal, isn't worth it to me.  That's why I'm looking for the actual legalities.  I don't want to get caught up with a prosecutor who's trying to advance his/her career by creating criminals.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top